DP 9.13 keeps crashing!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.13 keeps crashing!

Post by James Steele »

csiaudio wrote:So Jim you seem to be an expert so I'd like to know what exactly should I do to stop the crashes? Oh yeah, download the NEW build which it seems MOTU's beta testers forgot to check a common function like 'fades'. Is that what you mean by my terrible conclusion and why I can't make my rig work...seems it has nothing to do with another bug released with in the software. You're a condescending a** Jim and you're know it all attitude is revealing.
Maybe you should try the latest build of DP 9.13? What could it hurt? You can always retreat to 9.12 which actually has a documented fade bug. It's really interesting how people have such varied experiences with the same version of an app.

Anyway... I don't have time right now to address the tone of the exchange except just to say people need to take a deep breath before posting. Again, always amazed how the same version of DP will generate a "works great here!" with one user and a "totally sucks... crashes... unusable!" from another user.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.13 keeps crashing!

Post by Michael Canavan »

James Steele wrote:Again, always amazed how the same version of DP will generate a "works great here!" with one user and a "totally sucks... crashes... unusable!" from another user.
IMO it's due to subtle differences in set ups. I have multiple MIDI controllers, hundreds of plug ins, a different sound card than you, different third party .kexts installed, different drivers for my mouse or other hardware attached. Some use complex set ups with Vienna Ensemble Pro over ethernet, or other networking tools, or even Finder replacement software.

I think beyond audio fade, mute automation etc. bugs that are reproducible a lot of it has to do with conflicts between these differences and DP, and it's not at all clear who would be at fault, it could be MOTU or it could be for instance Logictech, a bad NI audio driver or... In those cases It would be hard for instance to tell an orchestral composer to stop using VEP, even if it was VEP that had sloppy code messing with DP. Hopefully all who report here report to MOTU, and hopefully they try running DP with a barren system to see if it's not some third party bug or conflict first off.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.