DP 9.13 keeps crashing!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
sacwest
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9.13 keeps crashing!

Post by sacwest »

I just upgraded a couple of days ago. However, in the last couple of days, DP is crashing. I'm editing mono dialogue to be placed in a film - very simple. But when I add a cross fade, or move audio, the beach ball of death appears and I have to restart the program.

Not sure if anyone else is having trouble, but I had a very stable program in 9.12.
HafLer

Re: DP 9.13 keeps crashing!

Post by HafLer »

Yep. Every single fade I attempt to pull _over an edit_ causes a crash in 9.13.

Solution was downgrading back to 9.12, I'm afraid.
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

This is a known issue in 9.13. DP 9.12 does not have this problem. You can have both versions installed and can open a file in either depending on what you are doing.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=63335
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
sacwest

Post by sacwest »

Thanks! I've officially downgraded and will wait till MOTU gets this one right!
Umbrella

Post by Umbrella »

Wish I had seen this thread before upgrading to 9.13 - same issue here.
RROY

Post by RROY »

Odd. 9.13 has been less prone to crash when applying fades then 9.12, at least for me. Go figure.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

There is a new build on MOTU's site now that fixes the fade crash bug. It's still called DP 9.13 and the date may not have changed on the download link, but it's a new build number. A MOTU rep posted about it here on another topic.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

James Steele wrote:There is a new build on MOTU's site now that fixes the fade crash bug. It's still called DP 9.13 and the date may not have changed on the download link, but it's a new build number. A MOTU rep posted about it here on another topic.
X-Fade Bug is squashed in this build. Confirmed by my all-day use today.

Just reinstall from MOTU website; the currently linked 9.13 file is the new build.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
BERLY

Post by BERLY »

No crash this mornig with the 72621 version… :)
Christophe Berly
http://www.studio-slc.com
France
csiaudio
Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Post by csiaudio »

Yep I've had many, many, many crashes since the 'upgrade'. I'm getting more and more fed up with DP and it's issues, needed 'work arounds' for things that should have been fixed long ago. :banghead:
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
csiaudio

Post by csiaudio »

I retreated to 9.12 and instead of having multiple crashes a day with 9.13 I had ZERO crashes working 8 hours in over 50 different sessions.

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Gee, that's weird. It hasn't crashed even once on my rig.

Occam's Razor says your Mac is screwed up, not DP. Maybe it's time to give it a good cleaning/OS clean install/etc.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
csiaudio

Post by csiaudio »

When you have the same Mac with the same crap on it use the same program but different versions of it and one is unstable and the other is not...I hardly think it's a computer issue. But thanks for the input Jim.

Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

csiaudio wrote:When you have the same Mac with the same crap on it use the same program but different versions of it and one is unstable and the other is not...I hardly think it's a computer issue. But thanks for the input Jim.
That is an absolutely terrible conclusion to draw. No wonder you can't make your rig work.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
csiaudio

Post by csiaudio »

Gravity Jim wrote:
csiaudio wrote:When you have the same Mac with the same crap on it use the same program but different versions of it and one is unstable and the other is not...I hardly think it's a computer issue. But thanks for the input Jim.
That is an absolutely terrible conclusion to draw. No wonder you can't make your rig work.

So Jim you seem to be an expert so I'd like to know what exactly should I do to stop the crashes? Oh yeah, download the NEW build which it seems MOTU's beta testers forgot to check a common function like 'fades'. Is that what you mean by my terrible conclusion and why I can't make my rig work...seems it has nothing to do with another bug released with in the software. You're a condescending a** Jim and you're know it all attitude is revealing.