Anyone know how to change TEXT color in a theme

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cccppprrr
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Anyone know how to change TEXT color in a theme

Post by cccppprrr »

I'm using the plasma theme in DP and I've successfully changed (mixed & matched) some of the .png files from other themes to customize it. I'd LOVE to change the text color when you CLICK on a parameter from black to the same color it is when it's unhighlighted. In this case, the plasma theme text is blue. When you click it, for example when you edit velocity, the text turns from blue to black. I'd like to change it so it always stays blue even when you click it. Does anyone know which line(s) in the style.txt file I need to change AND what I need to change them to so the text stays the same bluish color as the theme? Thanks! BTW- if you don't know it's perfectly ok not to post. If you DO know and you're even geekier than me, PLEASE post and you'll be my hero.

Thanks!
Chris
Last edited by cccppprrr on Fri May 12, 2017 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(2) Mac 8 core, (1) mac pro 12 core, waves, EW Stuff, NI stuff, VSL stuff, most of the other junk too
HCMarkus

Re: Anyone know how to change TEXT highlight color in a them

Post by HCMarkus »

Look under Apple Menu > System Preferences > General > Highlight Color and see if that does the trick for you.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

What he said.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cccppprrr

Post by cccppprrr »

Thanks...but no. The TEXT color when you click on an editable thing...like the velocity of a MIDI event in the Event List or something else like that is set by the DP THEME you choose. Some of the text in certain themes is white all the time and stays white even when you double click an event you wish to edit. And in other themes it changes color, like from white to black or blue to black. So...not to be picky but if you understood my original question about how to change this color in the Style.txt file of a theme I'd love to hear from you. Otherwise, thanks but please...no need to post.
(2) Mac 8 core, (1) mac pro 12 core, waves, EW Stuff, NI stuff, VSL stuff, most of the other junk too
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Does anyone ever NEED to post?
MIDI Life Crisis

[edited]

Amplidood would know the answer.
Last edited by MIDI Life Crisis on Fri May 12, 2017 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cccppprrr

Re: Anyone know how to change TEXT color in a theme

Post by cccppprrr »

Sorry to you both. I know you were just trying to be helpful. I was just trying to dissuade people from posting unless they knew exactly what I was talking about and it's not an easy dp question. I rephrased the question hopefully it's clearer. Sometimes it's hard to put these technical questions into something concise and understandable. No offense intended.
MIDI Life Crisis

Updated my snarky response. Sorry. Rough week.

You might PM the member Amplidood ( I think that's how he spells it?) He programs skins for DP that you can buy.

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2440
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cccppprrr

Post by cccppprrr »

Thanks. I will. Not to worry you're response was justified. Same for me...rough week. Monitor trouble. USB trouble, etc. Btw-we're neighbors. I'm in Burbank as well.
MIDI Life Crisis

See! It pays to make nice. You never know who's in striking distance!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

You have to access the Style.xml file from the Theme (show package contents of Theme). Use a text editor - like the Mac TextEdit to open the file. You can then check the various text colours of a lot of the bits of the Theme.

I used to do a lot of customising of Themes in DP but having switched to Presonus Studio One 3 Pro I don't dip in to DP much anymore - but I may be able to help on these sort of issues.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

cccppprrr wrote:I'm using the plasma theme in DP and I've successfully changed (mixed & matched) some of the .png files from other themes to customize it. I'd LOVE to change the text color when you CLICK on a parameter from black to the same color it is when it's unhighlighted. In this case, the plasma theme text is blue. When you click it, for example when you edit velocity, the text turns from blue to black. I'd like to change it so it always stays blue even when you click it. Does anyone know which line(s) in the style.txt file I need to change AND what I need to change them to so the text stays the same bluish color as the theme? Thanks! BTW- if you don't know it's perfectly ok not to post. If you DO know and you're even geekier than me, PLEASE post and you'll be my hero.

Thanks!
Chris
Hey Chris and others! How did you make out with this. I too am having this trouble. I need to know which of the items in the Style.xml file to be able to change for the two states of text. From dark to light. Thank you.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

labman wrote: Hey Chris and others! How did you make out with this. I too am having this trouble. I need to know which of the items in the Style.xml file to be able to change for the two states of text. From dark to light. Thank you.
I can't directly answer, but here's something you can try:
Apple Color Meter is in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder. You can try using that to get the exact RGB numbers for the blue you want by measuring it in the DP GUI. If the dark version isn't black, then measure that color as well. Then search through the Style.xml file to find those RGB numbers listed somewhere. That might lead you to the highlighted state, using the names of the entries in the Style file as a clue. A lot of this stuff is semi-educated guesswork, unless you've done a ton of it already.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce