Bite Gain Bug in 9.13

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
dinobass
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Bite Gain Bug in 9.13

Post by dinobass »

Changing parts of a soundbite with Bite Gain does not work correctly if you use crossfades to mend the cuts. Command Y a section of a soundbite and apply Bite Gain: it works. But crossfade the cuts, and if the new section is in the middle of the original soundbite the gain change is defeated, even though the waveform looks like the gain is still applied. If the new section is at the beginning of the original, both new soundbites play back at the level of gain applied to the one bite, even though there is a disparity in the size of the waveforms.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
cuttime

Re: Bite Gain Bug in 9.13

Post by cuttime »

There seems to be a whole slew of soundbite/edge editing/fade issues. I am at a loss as to how to report these problems; apparently MOTU is most accessible via Facebook these days.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=63330
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

I've had success calling tech support. They acknowledge and can reproduce the issues I'm having with crossfades causing crashes and latency compensation not working correctly. I'll try and contact them tomorrow about this bug. This looks like a deal breaker for me.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

MOTU confirmed the bug. It was introduced in 9.13. Going back to 9.12 per their suggestion.