AU Plugs not showing up

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Fibes
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

AU Plugs not showing up

Post by Fibes »

They are in the components folder, the VST version shows and I have re-installed some.

Audio Damage Adverb, Dischord 3 and Dub Station and a few other manufacturers.

I just upgraded to Sierra and DP9.12 from DP7.13

Yes, I checked the prefs, not showing there either.

Some plugs show as "pro tools components" is this part of the problem?

Upgrading stinks.
Last edited by Fibes on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fibes

"You can like it, or not like it."
-----------------------------------
DP 7.24, 12 Core 2.66, Reason, Live, UAD-2 full meal deal, Sonalksis 315 & 517, DUY Everpack, Altiverb 6, Apptrigga, Autotune 5, OHM Force Experience, Audio Damage Dishord/Adverb/Dubstation, PSP full meal deal, Camelphat/Space, Wave Arts Power pack and many more.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: AU Plugs not showing up

Post by James Steele »

Are you sure they're 64-bit versions? If you launch DP in 64-bit mode, any 32-bit plugs won't show up.

Do your other AU plug-ins show up? If not, go the Perferences > Audio Plug-Ins and make sure you haven't disabled a MAS plug in called "MAS AudioUnit Support". If that looks okay, double check that you haven't disabled the missing plugs in the same preference pane.

Hope this helps. If not, sorry. Best I could do off the top of my head.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Fibes wrote:Some plugs show as "pro tools components" is this part of the problem?
Maybe. When I've had Protools on the same partition as DP, it has taken over all the icons and defaults and other DAWs have occasionally behaved erratically until PT is removed.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Fibes

Post by Fibes »

James Steele wrote:Are you sure they're 64-bit versions? If you launch DP in 64-bit mode, any 32-bit plugs won't show up.

Do your other AU plug-ins show up? If not, go the Perferences > Audio Plug-Ins and make sure you haven't disabled a MAS plug in called "MAS AudioUnit Support". If that looks okay, double check that you haven't disabled the missing plugs in the same preference pane.

Hope this helps. If not, sorry. Best I could do off the top of my head.
It's weird how 1/2 of the Audio Damage plugs show up but the others don't (and they are 64 bit.)

I've done the plug in preference and re-examine dance to no avail.
Fibes

DP 7.24, 12 Core 2.66, Reason, Live, UAD-2 full meal deal, Sonalksis 315 & 517, DUY Everpack, Altiverb 6, Apptrigga, Autotune 5, OHM Force Experience, Audio Damage Dishord/Adverb/Dubstation, PSP full meal deal, Camelphat/Space, Wave Arts Power pack and many more.
Fibes

Re: AU Plugs not showing up RESOLVED

Post by Fibes »

Randomly the plugs showed up after about the third time I had rebooted.

Pretty sure it had something to do with 64bit and then not scanning them.

thanks everyone.
Fibes

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Glad you got it sorted out.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

Just had the craziest "AU plugs not showing up" issue. DP 9.13 crashed and my computer got wonky so I restarted. Suddenly DP couldn't find any AUs. After troubleshooting for awhile I finally looked in my Library folder and the Components folder was missing! Sure enough, it was in the Trash!!!! Anyone ever hear of that happening?
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
Tonio

Post by Tonio »

woah, components folder went to the trash. So did you return the folder to where it should be?

Anything in consol reports ? Did you submit a ticket w/ MOTU?
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
Tonio

Post by Tonio »

hmm, both on Sierra....
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

Yep, put the folder back where it was supposed to go and all was good.
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

dinobass wrote:Just had the craziest "AU plugs not showing up" issue. DP 9.13 crashed and my computer got wonky so I restarted. Suddenly DP couldn't find any AUs. After troubleshooting for awhile I finally looked in my Library folder and the Components folder was missing! Sure enough, it was in the Trash!!!! Anyone ever hear of that happening?
I haven't seen that one since the first build of OS 10.4.

Something in the same ballpark, however. I have had a few installers misbehave in the presence of very old folders or fonts. The fix was always to remove the ancient relics and the installers now behaved. This has happened in El Cap and Sierra.

Finale, Encore, Adobe, MasterWriter & Microsoft Office are a few that caused me concern. With DP, the presence of Finale 2009 Help files gummed up the works in Mavericks. With Adobe, it was HP print drivers from 2005. Console.app is your friend when this junk occurs. With Finale, it was SmartScore 2009 & 2010 folders.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

This is a fresh install of 10.12.4 and all software on a new SSD.

DP 9.13 was crashing so much that day I'm not exactly sure the chain of events, but I believe that I was opening DP after a crash, and at the same time I deleted a random file on the desktop (could have been an installer). DP crashed again (or I had to Force Quit), I rebooted, and the AUs were in the trash.