DP controller App. Can't get past the 'select chunk'.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ski spiggy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP controller App. Can't get past the 'select chunk'.

Post by ski spiggy »

Hi all. I have tried everything. But when I go to settings and I've chosen the 'change connection', it freezes. My computer comes up, I choose it, the orignal scene returns and freezes. I click on the 'change play chunk'... Nothing.

The idea of being able to control the volume of two channels at the same time and recording the autmation is amazing. But right now, it alludes me.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks in advance,
Spig
Mac Pro 5.1 12 core 3.46ghz. 24 gig ram. OS 10.11.6. DP 8. Soundtoys, Waves api. Vallhalla Room.
stubbsonic

Re: DP controller App. Can't get past the 'select chunk'.

Post by stubbsonic »

Are you talking about the DP Control iOS app? It was last updated in 2010, but has lost functionality at some point.

There were a few threads about alternative apps that can be used to control DP. I'll look around, and if I find it, will post back in a moment.

The thread is here. If you look for links, you'll see some alternatives are suggeested at some point in the thread.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=63185
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
ski spiggy

Post by ski spiggy »

Hi stubbsonic.
Yep, that was what I was talking about. Thanks for the link, but reading it and it's various other links, it would appear that ipad control is a dead end.

Thanks anyway,
Spig
Mac Pro 5.1 12 core 3.46ghz. 24 gig ram. OS 10.11.6. DP 8. Soundtoys, Waves api. Vallhalla Room.
billf

Post by billf »

ski spiggy wrote:Hi stubbsonic.
Yep, that was what I was talking about. Thanks for the link, but reading it and it's various other links, it would appear that ipad control is a dead end.

Thanks anyway,
Spig
DP Control is a dead end unless it's updated. For now, a couple of good options are:

DAW Control. It works well, but takes a bit of tweaking for DP. However, it has not been updated in ~4 years, so buyer beware.

PT Control. Although is is named for Pro Tools, it works very well with DP, and is so far well supported. The only downside is that DP is not one of the DAW's that is listed as "qualified" for use, but it does work.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
ski spiggy

Post by ski spiggy »

Thanks for that. I think I'll need to look into motorised faders though after looking at the reviews of the PT control. A lot of unhappy users.

Spig
TnMike

Post by TnMike »

I don't have an iPad, only an iPhone 6plus. I wish there was an alternative remote control that would work with iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mac Pro Intel 2010, 16 gigs RAM, Apollo Quad, 2408 mkIII, Raven Mti2, UAD-2, MTPAV, Superior Drummer 3.0 drums, Ivory piano, B4 organ, PodProxt, Kemper, Ozone 9, Apogee Mini-Me, Roland R-8
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

The PT Control app did just get an update that showed a number of fixes.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com