MIDI Window...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Belushi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI Window...

Post by Belushi »

Good evening,
I have two questions.
MIDI Window:
1.If i click on the MIDI track in the selected track window, it is possibly they evenlist window updates to follow the selected MIDI track ( like the Channel Strip ) ?

2.If it is possibly they Region Command Windows, if I open one of this, is continuously in the front ( on top ) like the PlugIn window?

Thanks for your help.
Greetings, Denis
G4 1,6 GHz Dual MDD, OS X 10.3.9 Pro Tools 6.41 Mix +, G5 OS X 10.11.6, DP 10.13, Logic 9.18 & 10 ;Melodyne,EZdrummer,V.Guitarist-2,Raging Guitars,NI Komplete, Roland JV2080,S760,ATARI STE,...
stubbsonic

Re: MIDI Window...

Post by stubbsonic »

This is a good idea. MOTU could add a MIDI EVENT tab to the Tracks Overview. It could behave similarly to the graphic editor-- selecting multiple tracks would combine the events into a single list. Tracks could even be differentiated using font color in that event list. Then you could use a combination of track selector, event list and view filter to do certain kinds of list selections & edits.

But to your question, I don't know of a way to make the EVENT LIST follow the track selector. You can OPTION-CLICK on the track name on the upper right to change the track that is displayed in the EVENT LIST.

I don't understand your second question.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Belushi

Post by Belushi »

Hello Stubbsonic,
thanks for the quick answer.
To the second question:
If I open a window from the Region Command, for example the Quintize Window.
Then this disappears with edit on the MIDI Region in the background. It is not continuously in the front.

Greeting, Denis
G4 1,6 GHz Dual MDD, OS X 10.3.9 Pro Tools 6.41 Mix +, G5 OS X 10.11.6, DP 10.13, Logic 9.18 & 10 ;Melodyne,EZdrummer,V.Guitarist-2,Raging Guitars,NI Komplete, Roland JV2080,S760,ATARI STE,...
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Yea. That's a perfectly reasonable request-- to keep those windows open after applying them.

The Preferences/Editing/Region Commands section even makes it sound like you SHOULD be able to keep those windows open, but I could not get any combination of settings to keep those windows up and active.

I have gotten pretty used to using key commands to call up the windows I use most (COMMAND-ZERO for quantize, COMMAND-NINE for transpose, etc.) But I could see how it would be nice to keep a quantize window kept open on the side.

I wonder if anyone else knows ways to keep those open.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

stubbsonic wrote:The Preferences/Editing/Region Commands section even makes it sound like you SHOULD be able to keep those windows open, but I could not get any combination of settings to keep those windows up and active.
Same here. Is this a new bug? I seem to recall that I had the Quantize window set to stay open and in front until I clicked to close it.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Belushi

Post by Belushi »

Good morning,
thanks to you both for the answer. A good DP forum here.
Both questions are not possible... :cry:...these things work in Logic. :wink: But DP 9 is a nice DAW. DP 9 is new for me and i tries to work just with it.

A nice day to you both, Denis