Tracks Overview weirdness

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
remmet
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Tracks Overview weirdness

Post by remmet »

Lately, the Tracks Overview window is behaving strangely. All of a sudden, attempting to close it brings up a dialogue box asking if I want to save the changes to the project before closing (the project itself). It acts as if I'm trying to quit DP instead of just closing that TO window.

This happens even when I've opened and enabled another chunk. If I try to close the un-enabled TO window, I get the same message.

Is there some hidden preference I may have inadvertently activated? Is it an El Capitan issue?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Richard
Mac mini 2018 3.2GHz i7; OS X 10.144.6; 64 GB RAM; DP 10.1; Apollo X6; Kontakt 6; Omnisphere II; Adagio Everything, Spitfire almost Everything, Berlin Winds and Brass, Xosphere 2, and endless other sample libraries, acoustic and electric guitars, and assorted other essentials that have helped make me the "almost break even guy" my accountant so admires.
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Tracks Overview weirdness

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Frankly, 9.12 seems "shaky" and many are using 9.02 instead. I'd try that and see if it fixes it.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

+1

I´ll stay in 9.02 until I´m convinced any new versions are more solid. Still with Yosemite too.

I don´t like what I think MOTU did with the pre-rendering engine.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

You know I can see your avatar now! :) How's the composing going down Mexico way?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:You know I can see your avatar now! :) How's the composing going down Mexico way?
Yes! I finally went to Photobucket and cut my avatar of Cedrick. It was raining, but he wanted to go out, so we imprvised a raincoat.... And it didn't work. At his first shake outside, the raincoat collapsed in we got soaked :)
He looks like a wicked sweet monk :love:

Composing's going great! I'm pitching music now for a new TV series. I hope I get the gig!

How about you, my friend? How's the world of silent movie scoring and improvisation?
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
MIDI Life Crisis

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Very nice! I'd LOVE to see one of your peformances live!

I'd love to go there, to my dear USA, but since your president got officially elected, the Mexican Peso is basically worthless now. It went from 10-11 pesos per dollar to 22 pesos (last time I checked). So the already worthless rounded cheap metal POS thing lost more than 100% of its value overnight :smash:

Want a new plugin, computer, or software? Forget it, unless you are willing to pay twice as much for the same thing. Hopefully, our money's value will return to something more viable pronto, or we'll soon face economic chaos with all these oxigen thieves we have as politicians here :shake:

Aaaaaaay, ay, ay ay, canta y no llores.... :boohoo:

No politics. It's just our economic reality, sadly.