Rhythmology

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
ritzybiz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Rhythmology

Post by ritzybiz »

Sample Logic released this plugin recently and it is very useful. It appears however not to support swing feels. I hope I'm missing something. Any comments?
iMac 2019, 40 GB RAM
MacBook Pro, 16GB, OSX 10.11
DP10, Studio One, PT, Logic X, Sibelius, Live, Reason
Apogee Duet, Apogee Ensemble
stubbsonic

Re: Rhythmology

Post by stubbsonic »

When I saw the promo for Rhythmology, it made me kind of angry.

The hype is that it is "The Future of Rhythm" and that is "Reinventing the World of Rhythm". According to them, the future of rhythm is stupid. And the World of Rhythm has far too much variety for their comfort level. Ugh! :banghead:

All the demo material I heard was in 4/4 with 16th notes. And if it does triplets, well you are meant to guess that, because there isn't any way to see any documentation and there is not much info on the website about it.

It does appear to give you lots of sonic possibilities, but that's not rhythm, per se.

I don't own the product, but I just wanted to vent some of the steam from my cranium.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
ritzybiz

Post by ritzybiz »

I agree that some of the claims are over the top, but it is a very complete and useful addition to my library. The lack of swing (triplet) feels are going to turn off many people, and I certainly hope an update will address this.

Charlie
stubbsonic wrote:When I saw the promo for Rhythmology, it made me kind of angry.

The hype is that it is "The Future of Rhythm" and that is "Reinventing the World of Rhythm". According to them, the future of rhythm is stupid. And the World of Rhythm has far too much variety for their comfort level. Ugh! :banghead:

All the demo material I heard was in 4/4 with 16th notes. And if it does triplets, well you are meant to guess that, because there isn't any way to see any documentation and there is not much info on the website about it.

It does appear to give you lots of sonic possibilities, but that's not rhythm, per se.

I don't own the product, but I just wanted to vent some of the steam from my cranium.
iMac 2019, 40 GB RAM
MacBook Pro, 16GB, OSX 10.11
DP10, Studio One, PT, Logic X, Sibelius, Live, Reason
Apogee Duet, Apogee Ensemble
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Yea. I don't doubt it's useful for some genres. Hopefully, it'll evolve.

I just think calling your product literally "THE STUDY OF RHYTHM" and then not offering functionality within the product to do just that is SO annoying. Then to place "Reinventing" next to the words "World" and "Rhythm" makes the narrow-mindedness even more offensive. Alas. I better jump down from this soapbox.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com