For folks having issues on DP 9.12, I have a question...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
bralston
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

For folks having issues on DP 9.12, I have a question...

Post by bralston »

For any folks having issues on DP 9.12 I have a question for you. And something to try.

What OS are you running?

I was running MacOS 10.9.5 Mavericks. And my experience with DP9.12 on that OS was less than optimal. With lots of CPU spikes and other CPU issues. For a variety of reasons I wanted to stay on 10.9.5. But this weekend I bit the bullet and upgraded everything to 10.11.6 El Capitan. (I had clone backups made right before updating of course).

And you know what? With that one change..DP 9.12 is working noticeably smoother now. No more CPU spikes. Smooth performance thus far. I need to test DP in some more VI heavy cues when I have time. But I can actually work in it now.

Something to try if you are having issues and happen to be on an older OS.
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: For folks having issues on DP 9.12, I have a question...

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Hey Brian!

I was on El Cap when 9.12 was acting out. I haven't been all that active in DP as I'm neck deep in scoring in Finale until May, so I haven't really had a chance to check DP 9.12 out in Sierra and try to hammer out the issues. There were a few features that simply were not working correctly and lots of random crashes in El Cal. DP 9.02 was better in El Cap. Not perfect, but much more stable.

I did complete a couple of projects in DP 9.02 in Sierra and had very little problem getting the projects finished as expected.

Interestingly, Finale did not like El Cap AT ALL (read: if would even run!) and I had little hope for it in Sierra. To my surprise, F2014.5 is running like a champ in Sierra - which saved my ass when the current commission came in.

Go reconfigure!

https://www.catalinamuseum.org/silent-film-benefit
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Systems at 10.11.6 and 10.12.3, fresh install with nothing else installed.

I did notice a mild increase in GUI responsiveness moving to 10.12 on my main machine though.

Same issues.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

10.11.6 here Brian. Unfortunately same issues as in yosemite.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.