DP7 extra installation on MacbookAir

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Anders Peev
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP7 extra installation on MacbookAir

Post by Anders Peev »

Hi all! I think this question has been posted and answered earlier but I simply can't find it.

I want to make an additional DP 7.24 installation on my MacBook Air (Mac OS10.11.6).I have borrowed an CD drive and installed DP on it. When start DP to enter the key code (with the CD drive with the DP7 CD still attatched) DP don't seem to recognise the the CD. When strating from DP7.01 the DP registration box just comes back. DP7.24 just dives.

Is this an issue with MacOS 10.11.6 and DP7? I am in no position to upgrade DP. My workstation mac is a 10 year old MacPro tower running smoothly with DP7.24 and OS 10.6.8. And I am also in the middle of a theatre production project. Can't really buy a new workstation mac right now.

I need to migrate my current project inbetween the two macs in order to make changes during rehearsals. Premier is on monday :roll:

What should I do? Contact MOTU support?
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP7 extra installation on MacbookAir

Post by mikehalloran »

You need to have 7.24 installed and the Mac must be able to recognize that CD to authorize. The CD can be any version of 7. DP 7.23 or earlier will not run in OS 10.7 or later.

I've had problems with this, even when the CD shows up on the desktop. It can take many tries but I was always able to get it to work eventually. An external drive works best if connected via USB.

As for a new Mac, DP 7.24 will not install properly in Sierra. It works if installed in an earlier OS that is upgraded to 10.12 — at least on my iMac.

MOTU no longer supports DP 7 and never did from Mavericks on.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro