Help with Setup MIDI Controller

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Help with Setup MIDI Controller

Post by emjayinla »

Greetings,

I'm running DP9.12 on a mac mini 16gb/500g Sierra.

I'm trying to get a knob, any knob on my Novation LaunchControl to draw CC11 on whatever MIDI channel is currently record enabled.

I've searched the forum and can't find anything for a "generic" MIDI controller.

I know DP sees the device because it shows up in the MIDI monitor and the light shows activity when I move knobs.

If anyone can walk me through setting this up or refer me to something that can, I'll be very appreciative.

Cheers
MJ
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Help with Setup MIDI Controller

Post by buzzsmith »

I'm only on my second cup of early morning coffee, but this sounds like more of a Novation setting than a DP one.

There should be a way within the LaunchControl to assign CC11 to one of the knobs.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by stubbsonic »

Once you've got the knob assigned to transmit MIDI CC 11, then it is a matter of having DP respond to it. Check the input filter in DP, then also check the view filter (in case it is recording but just not displaying) and finally DP must have it assigned to work, so that might be a matter of turning automation on for that track. (I think you have to turn latch off, but I'm not sure).
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by emjayinla »

Sometimes all you need is another set of eyes on the issue.

Apparently I was still in my primitive Logic brain where assigning MIDI control is very different.

Resolved.

Thank you stubbsonic & buzzsmith for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers.