DP 9 Crashes On Loading Sound from Ethno 2

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
AsensoryMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9 Crashes On Loading Sound from Ethno 2

Post by AsensoryMusic »

I did post this issue in the Ethno 2 forum as well, but no replies have appeared, so I though I would post here as well, it does involve DP9 so it should be appropriate.

I installed Ethno2 with no issues. When I instantiate E2 and click on a sound to load it in, Digital Performer (9) crashes. I believe there's an issue with the Ethno sounds (RARs) I downloaded and un-archived. There are 3 files I downloaded from MOTU. 2 of them say "Exec" and the other last one has the UVI logo. I dragged them to applicationsupport/motu/ethno as indicated on MOTU's site. When I click to load a sound, DP crashes to the Send Report OSD.

Any thoughts on what may be wrong? Why do 2 of the sound files say "Exec?" They aren't executable files, are they? That would make no sense.

I got the files from this page: http://motu.com/products/software/ethno/downloads
AsensoryMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9 Crashes On Loading Sound from Ethno 2

Post by AsensoryMusic »

This was resolved, discussed in post to Ethno thread.