DP5 + OS10.4 + Power Saver Mode = Unable to Boot G5

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
andrewfez
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP5 + OS10.4 + Power Saver Mode = Unable to Boot G5

Post by andrewfez »

Hello,

I'm running DP5 on OS10.4.11 on a G5 duel processor tower, using an old MTP-AV-USB and a 828 firewire.

I accidentally left DP5 alone for a second when I was working on other tasks and the computer tried to go into sleep mode (power saver mode). Instead of going into sleep mode it shut the computer off. Now, every time I try to boot up the computer, it shuts itself off during boot up or won't even turn over to boot up. On rare ocassion it makes it to Desktop before it cuts the power.

I think there is a conflict with DP5 and Power Saver mode on the G5 because this is eerily similar to how my G4 died last month.

Now my computer won't even turn on to boot. It just clicks and flashes a red light when i hit the power button, but it won't even try to boot.

I've tried: 1) unplugging everything, holding power-button down for 10 seconds, turning back on - nope; 2) Resetting the SMU button on the motherboard then turning back on - nope; 3) Uninstalling all my RAM except for the 2 original RAM sticks then turning back on - nope; 4) on the rare occasion the computer tries to boot up hitting command-option-P-R to zap PRAM - I get a second chime then the computer dies on second boot; 5) on the rare occasion it tries to boot - hitting command-A and typeing 'applejack' to start disk repair - but computer dies after a few seconds into disk repair; 6) making sure power is securely going to the motherboard - it is.

Now it's to the point it won't boot at all. Is there anything that can be done? It is a newly refurbished G5 I just bought to replace my G4 and was working flawlessly until the computer tried to enter sleep mode with DP5 running.

Thank you,

Andrew Feazelle