Strange DP 9 problem - Hiccups (one chunk only)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Strange DP 9 problem - Hiccups (one chunk only)

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

As reported to MOTU via a techlink this morning... if someone could verify that this is happening on their system it would be helpful in reporting that to MOTU (eliminating that it is a problem on my system - which I do not believe it to be).

Here is my techlink to MOTU.

Linked below is a zipped project folder. Even after deleting everything in this chunk, if I hit the space bar and immediately hit a note(s), there is a repeat of the note as if there was a new note on.

http://www.midilifecrisis.com/Test%20Project.zip

This doesn't happen during record, so I've captured the phantom notes via Audio Hijack Pro and included them in the chunk for comparison. It ONLY happens in this one chunk. Others seem unaffected. Clearly, there is something buggy there which is beyond this end users ability to find. Again, I can delete ALL data and get the same hiccup. In this regard, I have included a copy of the chunk devoid of data. Hit play, immediately hit a note(s) and get the errant notes. This occurs with virtual instruments as well as external MIDI instruments. Note: external controllers have local control turned off.

I was able to bypass the problem by creating a new chunk and one-by-one copying the track data to the new chunk, so I am able to move forward. I hope you can find out what is going on here and that it helps in the release of the next version of DP. I have a sneaking feeling it may be tied to the occasional 'stuck note' problem people are seeing. Thanks!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS