VI Message Screen Displayed Off Screen

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
AsensoryMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

VI Message Screen Displayed Off Screen

Post by AsensoryMusic »

This is unbelievably frustrating ... I wasted a whole evening trying to fix it.

I am running the demo of Absynth 5 and the little window that pops up with the option to run demo, authorize or quit has the bottom of it displayed OFF SCREEN. Just about all the buttons and mouse-clicks are now hijacked by that window, almost all DP functions are unavailable. What I tried so far is to change the display resolution, but only one option is available.

Damned frustrating issue, how can OS X be this dumb?
Michael Canavan

Re: VI Message Screen Displayed Off Screen

Post by Michael Canavan »

AsensoryMusic wrote:This is unbelievably frustrating ... I wasted a whole evening trying to fix it.

I am running the demo of Absynth 5 and the little window that pops up with the option to run demo, authorize or quit has the bottom of it displayed OFF SCREEN. Just about all the buttons and mouse-clicks are now hijacked by that window, almost all DP functions are unavailable. What I tried so far is to change the display resolution, but only one option is available.

Damned frustrating issue, how can OS X be this dumb?
I wouldn't blame OSX for that. I'm a big Absynth fan, but NI haven't updated that virtual plug in in years. NI probably haven't kept up with OSX updates.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Command-Option-Escape? Or Activity Monitor?
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
AsensoryMusic

Post by AsensoryMusic »

cuttime wrote:Command-Option-Escape? Or Activity Monitor?
I haven't specifically tried those, I had to use Force Quit to get out of DP. I doubt the command or other keys are enabled while the "Authorize or run demo" OSD is being displayed.