Soundbite Pitch Correction Weirdness When Soloed - Bypassed?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Soundbite Pitch Correction Weirdness When Soloed - Bypassed?

Post by buzzsmith »

Hi, all!

I thought that I had noticed something similar to this within the past few months, but it was confirmed today. Maybe a DP 9.xx issue as I don't recall this in DP 8.

With the speaker icon on, when I drag across a soundbite (vocal in this case) and release I hear that selection immediately as expected.

However, what was not expected is that the pitch bars that I've moved for correction are also being applied to this selection method even though the "Pitch Bypass" mode is on and I can see in the Sequence Editor that the changes that I made are not active and have moved back to their unaltered positions.

I had assumed that when you auditioned a soundbite with this method the resulting playback would ignore the pitch corrections.

If I play the sequence normally, the bypass is indeed working.

I am still on 9.01.

Thanks!

Buzzy

EDIT: I also tried using the scissor tool and making just a short soundbite of one segment and playing the resultant soundbite from the Soundbites window. Same thing!

I also submitted a MOTU TechLink.
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Soundbite Pitch Correction Weirdness When Soloed - Bypas

Post by buzzsmith »

Brian_M at MOTU responded to the TechLink and was able to recreate. He wasn't sure if this was a feature or an anomaly. He's keeping the ticket open for possible consideration of some means of bypassing.

I also tried in DP 8 (which I thought ignored this) but it demonstrated the same behavior. Perhaps the parent file was somehow altered?

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)