burn to disc help?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
darrell
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

burn to disc help?

Post by darrell »

I should know this, but can't remember! All I want to do is burn a copy of my project to take out to my car and listen..... Please, tell me everything. No desire for Roxio, et al right now.
buzzsmith

Re: burn to disc help?

Post by buzzsmith »

Export as Core Audio Wave to desktop.

Right click on the just now exported song icon.

Select "Burn (song title) to Disc".

Hope that helps!

Buzzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

darrell

Post by darrell »

It does! Is there any particular type of blank CD to use? Music? Audio? CDR?

Thanks tons!
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

They're pretty much all the same. If you have a choice, probably go for the slowest burn. 2x, 4x.

I use Toast so I don't know what the built in Apple options are.

Don't use "Data" if that's an option as that is not playable...kinda like making a hard drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Do not use an audio blank (if you can even find them anymore). A standard CD-R data cd is what you want.

I like the Verbatim Datalife because they have an extra coating on the top that lets you write with a felt marker without corrupting the data layer.

If you're still on Yosemite, you can burn with Disk Utility or iTunes pretty easily. If in doubt as to how, Google to find the Apple support pages. El Cap made a few changes and Sierra made more to Disk Utility.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

BTW, if not used to buying disks for a Mac, you want CD-R.

CD+R is available but that was an HP thing that never got much traction. It works but may be incompatible with many players when used for audio.

I actually use Inkjet printable CD-R blanks, again Verbatim Datalife (Mitsubishi). It's faster for me to open DiscLabel, type and print than to hand write it (I have problems in that area).
https://smilesoftware.com/disclabel

I have the last model all-in-one that HP made with CD printing, the Photosmart Premium c309a. I like that printer so much that I bought another on eBay a couple of weeks ago for backup or parts.

My Epson CD printer was so slow and kludgy that I gave it away—they may have improved since then. Do to licensing issues, Epson is the only printer in the US that has this functionality currently. I understand that there are hacks for many Canon models since they still do it in other countries.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
tonomud

Post by tonomud »

mikehalloran wrote:BTW, if not used to buying disks for a Mac, you want CD-R.

CD+R is available but that was an HP thing that never got much traction. It works but may be incompatible with many players when used for audio.
Never heard of a CD+R before. Googling brings up nothing. There is/was a DVD+R standard. Perhaps that was what you were thinking of.
iMac 2017 4.2 i7, 32 GB RAM, Mac OS 10.12.6
DP 9.52
Motu 896mk3 hybrid, True Systems Precision 8, Apogee Rosetta 800