Synthmaster Not Installing / DP Will Not Add

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
AsensoryMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Synthmaster Not Installing / DP Will Not Add

Post by AsensoryMusic »

Greetings,

I purchased a license for Synthmaster and attempted to install last night. I followed the instructions which are to:
1. Copy-and-paste the serial number into the little box in the pop-up window which appears during installation.
2. Enter my email address into the other field in the aforementioned box.
3. Paste the license key into library/application support/kv331/audio/synthmaster

The installation process seemed to proceed normally and successfully. When I ran DP, it also asked for the serial number and my email address, which I entered. After scanning DP said it found 1 plugin with serious problems and that it would not be loaded.

The only thing I can think of is that the instructions mentions an /audio folder/directory which was not there when I made the install, so I skipped it. I haven't tried just making an audio folder and adding that to the path, not sure if I should do that or not... any advice?
cuttime

Re: Synthmaster Not Installing / DP Will Not Add

Post by cuttime »

Copied from another thread:

kgdrum wrote:
looked like a good find but..........
I installed and Authorized Synthmaster, I can't get DP to see Synthmaster Synth as AU or VST
Synthmaster FX shows up but failed examination,it loads but if I have it as an effect no Audio passes thru,seems like a $10 headache at the moment.........
I emailed KV331 got this response.......
Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently: Unauthenticated email from yahoo.com is not accepted due to domain's
550-5.7.1 DMARC policy.

buying this so far seems like the kind of no brainer I didn't want..........

to be continued......... :shock:

YIKES!!! I ordered it also! Hope this is sorted out. Tempted to cancel now.

*Update*

trashed and reinstalled all's good now Synthmaster is working,it's really cool,sounds nice
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
AsensoryMusic

Post by AsensoryMusic »

I seriously doubt its all a conspiracy to get my money ... more than ten skins sadly. I've read enough about SM to believe it to be a good buy and useful synth ... has all the features you could want. Well, many of them. Its not Absynth, its not SERUM, its not Zebra ...god knows I want them all.

Anyway, I also have an email into KV331, answer to which is forthcoming I trust. Meanwhile it couldn't hurt to try the work-around or removing and re-installing.
artfarm1

Post by artfarm1 »

Don't give up on it or them. I had some problems after I upgrade to El Capitan, as SynthMaster wouldn't get recognized.

I emailed, they got back to me, and it's fine. Then, an upgrade didn't first try, but then it did work.

But don't give up...it's pretty awesome
DP 11, OS Ventura
MacMini 2023 M2Pro, 16 gig RAM, MOTU M6, SSD drives for everything, various sound/sampled libraries from all major vendors, Logic Pro X, DSP-Quattro
MacBook Pro 2015, OSX Monterey, 2.5ghz, 16 gig RAM (w/duplicate software as in MacMini setup)
Trombones: King 2B SilverSonic, King 2B Liberty, & Conn 88H w/Doug Elliott mouthpieces!
http://www.cammillarmusic.com
AsensoryMusic

Post by AsensoryMusic »

I never heard thing one from anyone at KV331, however I did try uninstalling Synthmaster by removing all its files, then reinstalling from the download link. Then I took the advice on another thread here and got DP to rescan on its next launch, now its working.

Thanks for everyone's advice!