Line In not available in Track Input Selection

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
AsensoryMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Line In not available in Track Input Selection

Post by AsensoryMusic »

Greetings,

So, I've gotten my download of DP9 running and started to play around a little. After a long forced break away from MOTU, its good to be back. I'll be updating my DP7 license soon. So for now this is the trial version, although I doubt that matters.

The issue is that when I go to select the Input of any (stereo) audio track, only the "Built-In Microphone" option is available. This is made more strange given the fact that the "Line In" option was there initially when I first started working. I have lots of iPad stuff, instruments, etc. that I want to record into the DAW, for now the old fashioned way (audio in).

But ONLY the MIC in option shows up. What's even stranger is that eventually the Mic in option became grayed out so that I couldn't even click on it.

Any thoughts on what might be happening? I looked through the manual but found nothing to address the issue.

------------
Mac Pro 5,1 (upgrade from 4,1) Hex Core 3.33 GHz | 32 GB RAM | DP9 | FM8, Absynth, Hive, Zebra, Ethno Instrument 2, SERUM, etc. | RADIAS, EMX, Octatrack, iPad (with gobs of apps).
AsensoryMusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Line In not available in Track Input Selection

Post by AsensoryMusic »

Hmm, not a popular problem I presume. One thought I had was that my Apple earbuds were connected to the headphone out of the Mac. They have a little mic on them, so that probably triggered the Mac and DP to look at the Microphone In options over the Line In option. I did remove them and restart the Mac to see if that would help, but it didn't.