Audio Unit "skip for now" - how to I rescan?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
LGK_Dude
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audio Unit "skip for now" - how to I rescan?

Post by LGK_Dude »

Hello,

I needed to really quickly get into DP so I skipped it scanning my recent plugin installs. However, I now want to use these plugins. What do I need to do to get DP to rescan only these plugins? I really dont want to go through the process of rescanning everything again as for some reason my UAD plugins take FOREVER to scan!

Thanks.
DP 9.12, Mac Pro 8-core 2.93 24GB Ram, Mac OS 10.11.6, UA Apollo
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Audio Unit "skip for now" - how to I rescan?

Post by James Steele »

LGK_Dude wrote:Hello,

I needed to really quickly get into DP so I skipped it scanning my recent plugin installs. However, I now want to use these plugins. What do I need to do to get DP to rescan only these plugins? I really dont want to go through the process of rescanning everything again as for some reason my UAD plugins take FOREVER to scan!

Thanks.
You should be able to go into DP's preferences, choose the Audio Plug-In pane and you will see a list of your plug-ins. You should be able to select specific plug-ins and then click the "Rexamine" button. Sometimes you have to click it twice. I'm not in front of DP right now and I don't know what happens when you've NEVER examined a plug, but hopefully it's a similar process you can do from that window.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
AsensoryMusic

Post by AsensoryMusic »

I would think it would just rescan the next time you launch DP, no?
dix

Post by dix »

There's a pref you can trash that will cause DP to rescan. I'm not in front of DP and don't recall which one it is offhand. Sry.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
kurtl

Post by kurtl »

User/Library/Preferences/com.motu.motuaudiosystem
Trash Audio Unit Info Cache 64-bit
Then it will rebuild.
DP 10.11, OSX 10.11.6, MacPro 2.8/8 10gigs RAM, 2408Mk3, 2408Mk2, 2 Fastlanes, 2-UAD2 solos, Machfive 2/3.2.1, MSI, BFD3
rockitcity

Post by rockitcity »

Dredging up this post to seek the assistance of the collective...

I installed a new Waves plug-in which required me to use the Waves Central installer. When using it, I got a message that I needed to reinstall my existing plug-ins, which I was able to do. However, I can't get DP to rescan my plug-ins. I looked for the preference listed above, but it does not seem to exist in Mac OS Sierra (10.12.4). Anyone know where to find the audio unit preferences? I'm installing this on a system running DP 7.4, that used to have Trueverb installed and running fine. All my Waves plugs are MIA right now.

Help?

Well, ok, never mind. Turns out that DP 7.24 is not compatible with current Waves versions. Probably something to do with 32 vs 64 bit plug-ins. I did find out how to delete the plug ins cache from the Waves support page. Had to hold down Option while clicking on the preferences folder, or something like that. I did all that and still no-go for Waves until I upgraded the system to DP 8.07. Waves plug-ins showed right up on restart. So, problem solved.
Mac Mini Quad i7 2.6 Ghz, 16 G RAM, 2 SSD's. Motu 896 HD Hybrid, 8pre, Fastlane USB, Presonus Faderport, vintage guitars!
dix

Post by dix »

Right. DP 7.4 isn't supported on Sierra. Glad you're good now!
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
rockitcity

Post by rockitcity »

dix wrote:Right. DP 7.4 isn't supported on Sierra. Glad you're good now!
Well, maybe not supported, but it was working just fine. It was the new Waves plug-ins that were the problem. I suspect they are 64 bit, which I believe DP 7.24 is not. Don't know this for sure, just know that upgrading to DP 8.07 on that particular system made it all work. Mac OS did not change during this process.

Yes, I'm glad it is all relatively pain-free working now.
Mac Mini Quad i7 2.6 Ghz, 16 G RAM, 2 SSD's. Motu 896 HD Hybrid, 8pre, Fastlane USB, Presonus Faderport, vintage guitars!