Where are DP's crash logs?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Where are DP's crash logs?

Post by philbrown »

I'm getting crashes on startup and quit. I've looked where the crash logs are supposed to be but there's only one from last month and the recent ones aren't there. Also read in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56142
that they're no longer user-accessible? Any help appreciated.

TIA,
Phil
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
philbrown

Re: Where are DP's crash logs?

Post by philbrown »

The more I research this the more confused I am. It's difficult to telI what info applies only to DP8 or DP9 or both. I've looked through the depths of my Mac till my head is spinning. I used to be able to use these crash reports to troubleshoot (usually incompatible plugs). Why this was taken away from users is baffling to me.

EDIT: on a related note repairing permissions yielded this- is this meaningful at all?

User differs on “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components”; should be 0; user is 501.Group differs on “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components”; should be 0; group is 20.Permissions differ on “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are drwxrwxrwx .Repaired “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components”User differs on “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST”; should be 0; user is 501.Permissions differ on “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are drwxrwxrwx .Repaired “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST”
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I use Console to diagnose most plug issues. Look for the Mackie HUI plugin failing to load. This can happen after a plug installation/uninstallation or OS update. It's a symptom of DP paths being corrupted--reinstall DP 8 or 9. No need to touch the Preferences.

If you're still on Mavericks, Permissions repair is something you should do now and then.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

mikehalloran wrote:I use Console to diagnose most plug issues. Look for the Mackie HUI plugin failing to load. This can happen after a plug installation/uninstallation or OS update. It's a symptom of DP paths being corrupted--reinstall DP 8 or 9. No need to touch the Preferences.

If you're still on Mavericks, Permissions repair is something you should do now and then.
Thanks Mike. Things seemed better after the permissions repair– I'd gotten out of the habit of doing that. Any more crashes and I'll reinstall per your advice.

cuttime

Post by cuttime »

828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

cuttime wrote:And this? viewtopic.php?f=26&t=61817
Thanks. Yeah I read that one and wasn't sure if that was specically V9 or not. I'm on 8.07 by choice.