Bars and Lines mode for Note Velocity?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Bars and Lines mode for Note Velocity?

Post by Michael Canavan »

Just to clarify this for people, since I mainly use DP on a desktop without a 4K display I simply selected the .png (square of squiggly colors) Guitar Gaz posted here in the forum, then saved it as cdDataCicn.png, Open Library/Application Support/MOTU/Digital Performer/Themes. Right/Control click to "show package contents" for my favorite Theme, open "resources" and drop in the cdDataCicn.png. I first removed the factory one to the desktop, just in case. Works perfectly, seems to take on the color scheme of the Theme you're in.

It's a beautiful thing, the v's for Note Velocity have always been too freaking small..
Guitar Gaz wrote:
James Steele wrote:
bayswater wrote:...or the reshape tool which shows you the "line" as long as you're in the process of drawing the ramp.
Yeah... I use that and it helps. I guess my main beef is those tiny little "Vs" the denote the note velocity are SO SMALL!!! Especially on my 30" monitor. I think amplidood had some themes with thicker velocity point icons. I sure hope he can update his themes some day for 9.1x
James - this has been posted a few times - it is not perfect but this png from the Resources folder of your favourite theme can be amended at least makes the V's into square blocks (any colour you like to make them) and so are easier to see :

and looks like this:

Called cdDataCicn.png if you can access it with a paint/graphics program you can manually alter the file. If you can't do this I would be happy to send you the file (any colour you like) so you can slip it in the Resources folder. You usually need both the normal and the 5k version depending on the Mac you are using.

Cheers,
Gary
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.