DP 9.02 hangs examining Arturia V Collection5 VST

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
kgdrum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9.02 hangs examining Arturia V Collection5 VST

Post by kgdrum »

Hi
With the Black Friday sales I decided to upgrade the Arturia V Collection to version 5,I downloaded and installed using the Arturia installer.
Now when I open DP 9.02 the VST examination process always hangs when examining B-3 V Last DestructorBase processor 2.
I have,force quit, restarted the Mac, repaired permissions etc.... and DP can't seem to get past this step.......Any ideas?
Thanks,
KG

:banghead:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP 9.02 hangs examining Arturia V Collection5 VST

Post by terrybritton »

I had the same problem with that version of DP and my original download of the Arturia V Collection. I just let it go and after waiting a VERY long time, it finally passed the VSTi and I have never had a problem since.

Make sure you use the Arturia Software Center to guarantee you have the most recent version downloaded. It may be better behaved now.

Otherwise, extreme patience did pay off ... eventually!!

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Thanks for the info Terry
Weird stuff,I've never seen this before,it must be something with Arturia, I am using their latest installer.
7 of the Arturia VI's failed the VST examination.
I talked to Magic Dave he suggested I try AU in preferences but it looks like the same thing.........
He also suggested I move to DP9.12 which I might do if the AU examination does not succeed.
The fun never ends....... :smash:
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

Well, like I said - just give it overnight. All of mine eventually did scan in. There are a ton of PNG graphics that seem to each be scanned that the DLL references - it took forever. Overnight did the trick.

I hadn't thought of it in a while, but definitely the re-scans of the same VSTi's when they are updated is not taking long anymore when using 9.12, so it might have been on DP's end as well.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

There is no reason to wait "overnight" for a VSTi to pass validation. Just install Arturia's products as
AU. I have ALL of Arturia's VI's and have never had one problem with validating the AU versions.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

AU does work. The three that hang on validation for me are Matrix 12, Synclavier and B3.

My workaround since I use quite a few plug ins that have a need for MIDI out, is to use the Analog Lab VSTi for all Arturia plug ins. The added bonus is Arturia are one of the few manufacturers that allow for MIDI CCs tied to a VSTi, i.e. you can use a custom MIDI map in Analog Lab to get the same functionality as the Keylab keyboards.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.