9.12 Very Slow to Record Enable Tracks

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

9.12 Very Slow to Record Enable Tracks

Post by wonder »

I am very often using the UP and DOWN arrows to arm track to record enable.

When I'm using MIDI, which is most of the time, I'm switching back and forth very fast to record tracks.

In DP 9.12, and earlier 9.x versions, it takes a while for the MIDI Enabled tracks to give me sound. It's almost as if there's a hiccup ... or the "voice" was turned off and has to re-enable.

This is slowing down production and sort of annoying.

Anyone else have this?

Does this have to do with the new features in DP9?
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
D.Compose

Re: 9.12 Very Slow to Record Enable Tracks

Post by D.Compose »

Are you using Kontakt primarily? Make sure it is not loading the samples in real time...

Also, check your instrument busses in your bundles window and delete any that are unused. This helped immensely when we were having this problem.
wonder

Post by wonder »

D.Compose wrote:Are you using Kontakt primarily? Make sure it is not loading the samples in real time...

Also, check your instrument busses in your bundles window and delete any that are unused. This helped immensely when we were having this problem.
I do use Kontakt but I not in every session. Its a mixture of different VI's I've always used. Nothing has changed on my end with the exception of upgrading DP.
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

I'm guessing it has something to do with the pre-rendering scheme.
wonder

Post by wonder »

HCMarkus wrote:I'm guessing it has something to do with the pre-rendering scheme.

is there a way to turn that off?