MIDI not sounding when I scroll or click, sound icon enabled

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
sniggihwerdna
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI not sounding when I scroll or click, sound icon enabled

Post by sniggihwerdna »

Apologies if this is redundant post. I don't use MIDI often so maybe this question could be answered easily if I used the right search terms but......

I'm using DP7.24 -- MIDI is audible during playback but not when I click on MIDI notes or scroll across the window. I have the upper right hand "sound" icon enabled. It seems like it was working fine for awhile and just turns itself off every once in awhile. I don't recall how I fixed it in the past, or if I did- maybe it just turned itself on?

Whatever the case-- I'm trying to finish a bunch of arrangements by Friday in between day and night gigs so either the answer will come from the forum or I'll figure it out sometime after my deadline.

THANKS!!!!
stubbsonic

Re: MIDI not sounding when I scroll or click, sound icon ena

Post by stubbsonic »

Go to the VI itself, and with the little mini menu in the upper right, choose "Run this instance in realtime". That will do what you need. You'll have to do it for each VI, but only once per project.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
sniggihwerdna

Re: MIDI not sounding when I scroll or click, sound icon ena

Post by sniggihwerdna »

Thanks!! That worked easily and well. For future knowledge-- what key words or what region of this site should I have used for that search? I read a lot without ever getting close to the information you provided.

Thanks