9.12 Partial Measure error message (Solved)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Guitar Gaz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

9.12 Partial Measure error message (Solved)

Post by Guitar Gaz »

Anyone experienced this error message and what it means? When you press yes to fix, nothing seems to happen and it appears next time the project is opened - and I have experienced it now with 2 projects. If I could locate the chunk or file it occurs in that would help. So a bit puzzled - it seems to be since 9.12 as I don't recall seeing it before.

The projects seem okay and everything works - but it would help to know if it can be fixed as I don't think I am doing anything different than previously on earlier versions of DP.
Last edited by Guitar Gaz on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Guitar Gaz

Re: 9.12 Partial Measure error message

Post by Guitar Gaz »

No responses from this forum so assume no-one has had similar error messages. I have posted a Motu TechLink and will await their response which I will post here if a solution is found.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

I can't even imagine this scenario. Maybe I'm not getting it. How can a measure of 4/4 NOT contain 4 beats?
Sorry that I can't help!
I've never seen this before.
Is there any reference to this in the manual?

Curious.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

buzzsmith wrote:I can't even imagine this scenario. Maybe I'm not getting it. How can a measure of 4/4 NOT contain 4 beats?
Sorry that I can't help!
I've never seen this before.
Is there any reference to this in the manual?

Curious.

Buzzy
Thanks - yes very strange - nothing in the manual and this seems to be after the update to 9.12. Dave at Motu has asked for a DP session file with no audio - but none of mine are under 5MB so I can't send him anything at the moment.

I presume I will have to go through chunk by chunk to find the faulty one causing this anomaly - but you are right, it is counter intuitive to have a 4/4 measure without 4 beats and how could this have occurred in the first place? I will continue to look into this.
Gary Shepherd
Guitar Gaz

Re: 9.12 Partial Measure error message (Solved)

Post by Guitar Gaz »

It seems to be an update issue where a Preference becomes unchecked in the update. I checked Preferences and under Edit Windows/Editing I found an unselected box for Conductor Edits for Fix Partial Measures Automatically. I have never even looked at this preference really so no idea why it was unchecked. Having then opened the file again, clicked Yes to fix partial measures, saved, and then re-opened the file the error message has disappeared.
Gary Shepherd