Sequence Editor window - quick preview problem

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Sedaray
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sequence Editor window - quick preview problem

Post by Sedaray »

I don't know the exact term for this problem:
In the Sequence Editor I can select part of a wave form and it will immediately play back the selection only.
I have several older files made on another computer on which this feature is disabled.
Screenshot - the selected part of the waveform should play back, but does not on these random files.
The older files were made with DP7 or below, but this problem happens in DP7 and DP9. (Not all DP7 files have a problem, however.)
My guess is it's a plugin or corrupted file, and I'm continuing to study this, but in the meantime, what would be the term I should use to post a solution? And has anyone had this problem?

https://www.idrivesync.com/share/view?k=eofAPzQGLt9RVlBdRXI7vST1O7n74hQy
philbrown

Re: Sequence Editor window - quick preview problem

Post by philbrown »

Sorry- was trying to fix your screenshot link
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
Sedaray

Post by Sedaray »

Can anyone at least tell me if this question is clear?
I've searched for this terminology with no results.
We've replicated the problem on two workstations Mac OS X El Capitain, DP 7 and DP 9.
Maybe there is a toggle for this feature and I don't know the name for it?
Thanks for help.
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

The sequence editor is pretty messed up in 9.

Edit functions have changed for the worse. Pasting bites as well are not the same as earlier versions of DP. I have posted on this previously.

I tried changing a leslie spin parameter yesterday and when I tried to put a dot in the line to set the effect, the dot appeared then disappeared in SOME sections and not in others. The list of issues grows I'm afraid. MOTU knows its broken and are working on it. I would post a tech link with them or call them.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Timeline wrote:The sequence editor is pretty messed up in 9.

Edit functions have changed for the worse. Pasting bites as well are not the same as earlier versions of DP. I have posted on this previously.

I tried changing a leslie spin parameter yesterday and when I tried to put a dot in the line to set the effect, the dot appeared then disappeared in SOME sections and not in others. The list of issues grows I'm afraid. MOTU knows its broken and are working on it. I would post a tech link with them or call them.
This is where the new programmers at MOTU realize that the old programmers were not merely slow, but methodical. Move too fast or even a little bit carelessly, and it's a spaghetti bowl of odd connections. Not to mention that today's DP is several times more complex than those versions of 15 years ago. By the time they get this fixed, they'll be seasoned. I wish them well.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Your right Shooshie. Can't wait myself. On another note relative to programming, Stafano will be releasing version 5 of DSP-Q in January. I'm looking forward to a version which will except 192k mixes for mastering although he did not confirm that.

Also, what happened to being able to buy MOTU MW plugs in AU that works outside DP?
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Sedaray wrote:I don't know the exact term for this problem:
In the Sequence Editor I can select part of a wave form and it will immediately play back the selection only.
I have several older files made on another computer on which this feature is disabled.
Screenshot - the selected part of the waveform should play back, but does not on these random files.
The older files were made with DP7 or below, but this problem happens in DP7 and DP9. (Not all DP7 files have a problem, however.)
My guess is it's a plugin or corrupted file, and I'm continuing to study this, but in the meantime, what would be the term I should use to post a solution? And has anyone had this problem?

https://www.idrivesync.com/share/view?k ... T1O7n74hQy
To confirm, you would be double clicking the soundbite so it's background turns white, then dragging the mouse over a section of it, and expecting the selection to play back? It works here with 9.12 when importing files created in V8 and earlier 9 releases. Do you have bundles set up so the outputs you monitor are at the top of the list in the Bundles window?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8