DP with Reason - takes long to load patches

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
mpanza
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP with Reason - takes long to load patches

Post by mpanza »

I use Reason for patches while inside of DP. I’ve noticed that when trying to preview patches in Reason I get a spinning ball and have to wait quite a while (up to 15 seconds) to preview each patch in Reason. I don’t get this delay if I just open Reason by itself without DP.

I thought my computer specs would be fine to not have this type of delay when loading patches, but maybe not? I’m using DP8 with Reason7 on a MacBook pro 2.2GHz i7 with 16GB ram. Also, I don’t have any other apps open in the background either.

Any thoughts on why this is happening and what I can do to minimize this loading delay?

Thanks!

Michael
Guitar Gaz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP with Reason - takes long to load patches

Post by Guitar Gaz »

I don't get this problem but then I am on a new faster mac with more RAM and using Sierra - I use DP with Reason Rewired as a source of sounds all the time. By the way - it helps if you put your system details on your signature in your profile so others can see quickly what OS and software versions you are running.

Is this something that has just started happening? Are your DP projects and Reason racks very large? Do you have more than one Reason file loaded at the same time?

It sounds memory related although it could be also the older versions of software that maybe have bugs. So it's difficult to say - when running short on memory with a large DP project and a large Reason file/rack/setup it can cause delays in loading Reason patches - especially if they are large Combinator patches. Do they eventually load? Does it work okay in Reason without DP running?
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Classic
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP with Reason - takes long to load patches

Post by Classic »

I've been experiencing the same issues as well for a while now. Wish I had a fix for you!