Should i update to 9.12

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
vudoo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Should i update to 9.12

Post by vudoo »

Is it safe to upgrade to 9.12 ?

I'm curious about the new-gen thing for Vis, are there people using it with success despite some of the complaints ?

I'm on a MacPo 12 cores and have been using PT HD 12 mostly for scoring but experiencing some CPU spikes and thinking of jumping ship to either DP or Cubase.
amplidood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Should i update to 9.12

Post by amplidood »

No. Not yet. There's some major issues that were introduced in 9.1 and not fixed yet.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

amplidood wrote:No. Not yet. There's some major issues that were introduced in 9.1 and not fixed yet.
Hmmm... maybe for some, I haven't found any real problems but depends on the VI's and other plugins you have.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

DP is an outstanding app, vudoo, and would be well worth you looking into. But, as amplidood mentioned, this fairly major update is going through the feedback from users and bug fixes to make it rock solid once again. I'm using 9.01 right now with no major issues and will wait for a few more months, probably, before making the leap to DP 9.1x.

You also found an excellent resource here at MOTUNATION. Seasoned pros, great admin and caring members who'll (virtually) give the shirts of their backs to help a fellow member sort out an issue.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

Timeline

Post by Timeline »

I spoke with MOTU yesterday about the issues in the Sequence edit functionality and we both confirmed, on the phone that the copy/paste using scrub/highlight mouse points to any track failure was there in 9 only. The tech also noted the issue that when using the curser to set paste position to any track was random and not at curser point always. The fact that this has been solid and a standard which has worked for many years and versions was obvious to him and his quote was "Thats wrong and we will get it fixed"

If your planning to edit waveforms, bites and move parts around as before, there are some workarounds you will have to get used to. One such workaround is you MUST use command Y and select that bite to get a bite into another track or precise point. Selecting the front of an unconnected line of audio works too.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
steveo

Post by steveo »

"The tech also noted the issue that when using the curser to set paste position to any track was random and not at curser point always."

boy howdy. maybe "always NOT at the cursor point."

I dropped back to 9.01 in desperation; I like the "wow" when I can fix a note in 5 seconds, as clients realize what a bargain they're getting.

Ivory II also loads 9.12 down seriously, where in 9.01, except for when it loads the pianos, you'd never know it was there, the perf meter doesn't budge at all.
--
Steve
OSX 10.7.x, DP 9.02