DP 9.12 Not Respecting Maximum Rows in Consolidated Window

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
liver
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 9.12 Not Respecting Maximum Rows in Consolidated Window

Post by liver »

Since updating to 9.12 I'm finding it no longer respects the preference to limit the number of rows that can be added to the body or sidebars in the consolidated window. As pictured here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fffmh6i9pn8po ... .19.35.png

Curious if anyone else has encountered this or knows a fix.

Thanks!
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.12 Not Respecting Maximum Rows in Consolidated Wind

Post by Shooshie »

I haven't really paid much attention to that over the years, so I can't be sure how it works, but I was under the impression that you could add more items if you wanted to, but DP wouldn't do it automatically. Thus, if you double-click some MIDI in the Tracks window, with the Sequence Editor open and a 2 panel maximum, it would close the SE and open the MIDI window, or something like that. Also, if you invoked the keyboard command for a window, it would likewise close one and open another. But if you clicked the button at the bottom of the CW center or margin panels, it would still add panels as you requested.

How did you add those; by clicking on data, invoking a keyboard command for a window, or adding panels from the bottom buttons? If you try various ways of doing it, does it make any difference? Do you know if my assumption has ever been correct on that matter? (I don't know.)

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
TnMike
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by TnMike »

Is 9.12 safe now? I downloaded 9.1 a couple months ago and it was dangerous!
Thanks, Mike
Mac Pro Intel 2010, 16 gigs RAM, Apollo Quad, 2408 mkIII, Raven Mti2, UAD-2, MTPAV, Superior Drummer 3.0 drums, Ivory piano, B4 organ, PodProxt, Kemper, Ozone 9, Apogee Mini-Me, Roland R-8
liver
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by liver »

Shooshie,

Many Thanks for clarifying! I did actually create the additional rows manually and not through keyboard commands. It appears you're totally right this is the intended behavior. I guess I just failed to notice how it behaves up to now and may have falsely attributed it to the upgrade. Oops! :o

Otherwise 9.12 has been working out really nicely though I admit I haven't spent too much time with it as of yet.

Thanks