DP/VEP6 no solo.

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
brolly
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP/VEP6 no solo.

Post by brolly »

Hi all. I've just spent 2 days setting up a template to work with VEP6 and have hit two stumbling blocks I hope you can help with.
I'm routing out of Vep6 back into DP via bundles. I then put the blue speaker light on each of the corresponding audio tracks so I can hear the returns from vep6 . When I want to record the audio in I mute my reverbs so that I record dry tracks. However if I press solo and go into piano roll I vent hear anything. Does any one know why or have a better way of bringing the audio back into DP. All my MIDI is recorded as audio before it's sent online to my mix engineer.
The second problem is latency anyone know what to do to improve this?
Thanks brolly
Killahurts

Re: DP/VEP6 no solo.

Post by Killahurts »

If you want to solo a VI track, you have to make sure the MIDI tracks are solo exempt. In the tracks overview, one of the columns is "XMPT". Select that for the MIDI track so that when you solo the VI, the MIDI will be there to play it.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
brolly

Post by brolly »

Thanks Killahurts i'll look at that tomorrow.
I'm also now using auxiliaries to return from VEP6 and sending feeds to audio tracks, works like a dream.
brolly xx
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

brolly wrote:I'm also now using auxiliaries to return from VEP6 and sending feeds to audio tracks, works like a dream.
brolly xx
I do that too, and I have a lot of tracks.. DP handles it easily! :)
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.