Interfaces' Outputs and Inputs Shifted - Bundle Madness

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
tommymandel
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Interfaces' Outputs and Inputs Shifted - Bundle Madness

Post by tommymandel »

Ok, this is on my 10.6.8 machine. Maybe I shouldn't have gone from DP 9.0.2 to DP 9.1. But now my Digi 002r sits at the left-most column headings in the Bundles windows for both inputs and outputs. That can not be moved. This has shuffled my 24i/o inputs and outputs to the right, but selecting 24i/o A output 1&2 pair, (and this is new) sends an audio track's output to the 24i/o A's outputs 11-12 pair! (as if the Digidesign interface has allocated the first 10 of the 24i/o's outs (the Digi interface has 10 outputs itself.)
The only work around I've found, is to 'pretend' that the first column of the Bundles Output window reads "24i/o 1-2" instead of "Digidesign Input Stream 11 (and 22)". That way, when I go back to the Tracks Overview window, choosing 24i/oA output 1-2 actually sends the audio there. Similar shifts exist in the input numbers too - and their place in the Audio Monitor window's vertical list - depending on which interfaces are online.
Compounding this difficulty, is that when I turn on the 4Pre, that goes to the front of the Columns cue, and the 24i/o inputs must again be reassigned in the Bundles window, that much further to the right!
I don't recall this being so much of a problem before 9.1, but in the event that it's always been this way, can anyone help me with a tidier solution? Sometimes I leave one of the interfaces off, and I guess I could create and load separate Bundle files for each config, and I guess I could finally retire the 002r, but maybe I'm missing something.
Much Thanks. :banghead:
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"
tommymandel

Re: Interfaces' Outputs and Inputs Shifted - Bundle Madness

Post by tommymandel »

FOLLOW UP:
I couldn't test to see if it was an incompatibility brought about by 9.1, because I hadn't saved a DP 9.0.2 installer. So I opened up DP 8. And there was NO problem.
Then, I disabled the Digi002r in Configure Audio, (with 9.1 running again) - and that solves it too.

I'm thinking that 9.1 changed the way DP numbered the inputs and outputs re: the Digidesign hardware, so I will look to retiring that piece of gear. My B-3 sounded nice through it (414, 441 and 57's) but I'm sure a MOTU interface will be a worthy replacement. :headbang:
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
tommymandel

Re: Interfaces' Outputs and Inputs Shifted - Bundle Madness

Post by tommymandel »

I down-installed to DP 9.0.2, and the problem went away.
Specifically the Digidesign 002R Firewire interface now passes audio into DP again, and the Input assignments (their order in the Audio Monitor window's column for example) stay consistent, regardless of whether the 002 is powered on or not, and whether or not it's selected as active in Configure Hardware Driver.

Magic Dave has said that nothing has been changed between v.9.0.2 and 9.1, as far as bundles are concerned, so it must be a MacOS10.6.8 vs. Digidesign issue.