QuickScribe note editing struggle

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
remmet
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

QuickScribe note editing struggle

Post by remmet »

Occasionally I'll have a need to do some basic editing in QuickScribe using the mouse to move a note up or down in pitch. But as often as not, and as careful as I can be in moving the mouse pointer absolutely vertically, the note wants to move left or right instead. Anyone else experience this? I wish I could select a note and simply move the arrow keys up or down like in Sibelius. Is there a way to make this procedure easier and more reliable?

R
Mac mini 2018 3.2GHz i7; OS X 10.144.6; 64 GB RAM; DP 10.1; Apollo X6; Kontakt 6; Omnisphere II; Adagio Everything, Spitfire almost Everything, Berlin Winds and Brass, Xosphere 2, and endless other sample libraries, acoustic and electric guitars, and assorted other essentials that have helped make me the "almost break even guy" my accountant so admires.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: QuickScribe note editing struggle

Post by stubbsonic »

Try holding down SHIFT before you click on the note and continue hold it while you drag the note. That will constrain your movement to either vertical or horizontal. As long as you generally move in a vertical direction, it will then prevent the note from slipping to the side.

This also works in the MIDI graphic editor as well.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com