Had a problem with DP 9.1 and Altiverb 7

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Had a problem with DP 9.1 and Altiverb 7

Post by Killahurts »

A quick note for you guys: A couple days ago, DP quit launching completely, for no apparent reason. I had not updated or installed any software, and as a matter of fact, I had been happily working on a project, where I quit DP and restarted the computer. When I tried to launch DP again, it would begin the launch and "unexpectedly quit" every time. So I trashed prefs, reinstalled, repaired permissions, blah blah, to no avail. Then, I tried DP 9.02, and it wouldn't come up either.

Obviously a plugin problem, so I booted DP with the option key down.. didn't take long to nail it down to Altiverb 7, and both the AU and MAS version would cause the crash. My version, I'm embarrassed to admit, was 7.1.0, and now we're on 7.2.8!

So I updated, and everything worked perfectly! Yea!

Still it's curious, that all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Altiverb decided it was too old and quit working. There was no warning, and seemingly nothing had changed on the computer? I know Altiverb logs onto the internet from time to time because it shows me the new IRs that are available, and keeps an account of which ones I have downloaded.. sneaky little devil, that's probably how the problem started. :wink:
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
synergy543
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Had a problem with DP 9.1 and Altiverb 7

Post by synergy543 »

Yes, I had exactly the same issue. Altiverb was working fine with DP 9.1 for a few days and then suddenly decided to kick the bucket. Weird. You'd think since these are all digital they're be no change, but clearly the software has a life of its own. :roll:

After upgrading Altiverb, all was fine again.
Gregory D. Moore DP11.1, OSX 10.14.6 MacPro 2013 8-core, 64G RAM, too-many sample libraries, pencil, paper, coffee, and midnight oil.