DP The Ultimate Live Playback System

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: DP The Ultimate Live Playback System

Post by terrybritton »

Watching this post with great interest, and BTW - you folks truly humble little ol' me. Shooshie and MixHitz - you are true pros!

If the SMPTE does work in a song window, that would be a great solution, methinks.

My projects have always depended upon having much wiggle room for improvisation, so having means to also accomplish that sort of freedom during the presentation is also very interesting as approached in this discussion. I hope I have something to add down the line.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
MixHitz
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MixHitz »

Hey Terry!
Thanks for the kind words, but just another one of the MOTU family here trying to get things going. I've just always wished it wasn't so Wizard of Oz behind the curtain where you can't find that one little thing that's missing to bring it all together. That's why I really want to do a great Playback System video tutorial to make it a bit easier for those just starting. I believe a candle loses nothing from lighting another candle!!
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

MixHitz wrote:Hey Terry!
Thanks for the kind words, but just another one of the MOTU family here trying to get things going. I've just always wished it wasn't so Wizard of Oz behind the curtain where you can't find that one little thing that's missing to bring it all together. That's why I really want to do a great Playback System video tutorial to make it a bit easier for those just starting. I believe a candle loses nothing from lighting another candle!!
I couldn't agree more! If you need any help making your video, feel free to ask me for help. I'm pretty good at that area - see my videos link in my sig. I have videos on using the free CamStudio recorder [EDIT - CamStudio is PC only], OBS (open broadcaster system, also free), YouTube's Hangouts-on-Air and Live Streaming (all of which can be used to record videos) and on using Voicemeeter and Voicemeeter Pro to get system and ASIO sound together into your video [EDIT: Voicemeeter is PC only - you have Soundflower so you don't need it]. Obviously, we are on the same page as regards lighting candles! :-)

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

When enough candles are lit, with a little focus, you have a lighthouse!

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
terrybritton

Post by terrybritton »

Shooshie wrote:
When enough candles are lit, with a little focus, you have a lighthouse!

Shoosh
For sure! :D

Terry
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

JLEpperson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by JLEpperson »

Love to see a more usable interface for chunks. We use DP for a cover dance band, with approx 120 songs that we make different sets for each performance. The dragging process is grueling. Also, it would be great to make different sets that you could save without saving the entire session. My 2 cents. Oh yea, for us blind people, make the font size selectable.
ivann

Post by ivann »

Did anybody found a solution for this? I want exactly the same as here described, redundant playback system where system B plays and chases system A?