DP 9.1 loses clock

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.1 loses clock

Post by Phil O »

waterstrum wrote:Would I best be advised to revert to a prior version?
I think it's always advisable to test a new release for a while before using it on anything critical. I've been using 9.02 and 9.1 on the same machine and they don't seem to interfere with each other. I revert back to 9.02 when I'm tracking or the client's looking over my shoulder. :wink:

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

If you can do a trial session recording as many tracks as you will need to then you might verify its stability.
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
waterstrum
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by waterstrum »

Had a weird one today.
Fairly simple session with one VI.
Only four tracks of audio.

Overdubbing a second guitar, the recording was delayed by about half a second.
The block bar started where I hit record. but the audio was delayed.
I just slid it back and lined it up, but it was a bit disconcerting.

Same behavior on auto-punches.

I quit and re-opened DP and all was well for the rest of the session.

Does this ring a bell for anybody?
All is well
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Doesn't ring a bell here. Maybe the bell was also seriously delayed?

j/k... Not seeing that issue on my system.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
hammerman

Post by hammerman »

This just happened to me in an audio-only session recording a group. The audio got recorded weird with phasing, etc. First time this has ever happened to me with DP. Back to 9.02 for me. 9.12 is not ready for prime time. I also have an issue with Slate plugs bypassing on their own and need "Run all Plugs in Real Time" option. I am certain MOTU will iron out all of the problems.
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - 64 GB RAM - Sonoma - DP 11
Gabe S.

Post by Gabe S. »

I have had digital sync issues with DP9 as well. I have never ever EVER had digital sync issues with DP before version 9. Complete deal breaker for me. I'm sticking with 8.07 for the foreseeable future.....

At what point do we get frustrated that we pay for current versions of software but run old versions of it?

I'm just frustrated that my rig is hosed at the moment. The bug I'm fighting in 10.11.6, where I'm losing MIDI keyboard input and have to Rescan MIDI in AudioSetup to bring it back to life all the time makes me feel like I'm dealing with a crack addict that needs a constant fix......
Computer: 2019 Mac Pro 28-core 2.5gHz, OS 10.15.2, 96GB ram, all SSD/NVME drives, MH Labs ULN-8, MOTU MidiTimepiece AV
DP Setup: DP10.11, all Spectrasonics VIs, all Waves plugins, Sonnox AU, Altiverb, NI Komplete 12/K5+6, Plogue Bidule 64 as VI host
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

waterstrum wrote:Had a weird one today.
Fairly simple session with one VI.
Only four tracks of audio.

Overdubbing a second guitar, the recording was delayed by about half a second.
The block bar started where I hit record. but the audio was delayed.
I just slid it back and lined it up, but it was a bit disconcerting.

Same behavior on auto-punches.

I quit and re-opened DP and all was well for the rest of the session.

Does this ring a bell for anybody?
This just happened to me last night at 10pm doing a late session in 9.12. Early in the project, just about ~10 tracks and suddenly everything recorded was late.

I had to totally restart my system. Resetting buffers didn't work, restarting my interface didn't work.

Came back and everything was fine.

FWIW, I'm in Sierra now, but I strongly doubt this is the cause since I don't think anyone else having issues here is on Sierra yet.
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Gabe S. wrote:I have had digital sync issues with DP9 as well. I have never ever EVER had digital sync issues with DP before version 9. Complete deal breaker for me. I'm sticking with 8.07 for the foreseeable future.....

At what point do we get frustrated that we pay for current versions of software but run old versions of it?

I'm just frustrated that my rig is hosed at the moment. The bug I'm fighting in 10.11.6, where I'm losing MIDI keyboard input and have to Rescan MIDI in AudioSetup to bring it back to life all the time makes me feel like I'm dealing with a crack addict that needs a constant fix......
These issues are 9.1.x issues though. Nobody payed for that. It's basically a cool gift from motu that kinda sucks right now.

9.02 works fantastic. What I paid for when I saw the features in v9 are all there. I definitely feel like what I paid for.

With 9.1 though... I don't feel like I got what I didn't pay for. :lol:

edit: Perhaps some folks upgraded from v8 when they saw 9.1. In that case... that is unfortunate. :cry: Motu is definitely on the case.