Blackmagic Video Output Not Working?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
conleec
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Blackmagic Video Output Not Working?

Post by conleec »

Hello All,

New user here, testing the 30 day free trial. According to the manual it's now possible to play video to a client monitor thru a Blackmagic card. However when I try it, I get a momentary glitch on my client monitor when I first load the video, and then nothing else happens. Has anybody gotten this to work, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance.

If I'm to use DP, it'll be strictly for video post production as a replacement to Pro Tools. I'm getting pretty fed up with Avid's subscription deal, when they haven't introduced any new features for HD users exclusively in the past year.

Chris
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Blackmagic Video Output Not Working?

Post by James Steele »

Have you tried calling MOTU tech support?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
conleec

Re: Blackmagic Video Output Not Working?

Post by conleec »

I've reached out to tech support, and they're looking into it. No answer so far; maybe tomorrow morning.

Chris