Preferences changing on it's own - and Buffer Issues?

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
csiaudio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS
Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Preferences changing on it's own - and Buffer Issues?

Post by csiaudio »

I recently upgraded from 8.0.7 to 9.1 and am experiencing two issues.

1) Preference changes are not being saved. I go into DP's preferences and change the "Automatically analyze beats in this project" so it doesn't do it. Close pref's but then a few sessions later it starts analyzing...I go into the pref's and the box is ticked to do this.

Possibly there is some old DP 8 junk that is causing this confusion? Dunno...thoughts? Anyone else noticing this issue.

2) One of the things I was reading before upgrading was the buffer sizes to lower latency were drastically lowered, however I am experiencing the opposite. I have my buffer set at 512 and usually when I stopped play back it wouldn't buffer out, audio simply ended. But now it's buffering out so after I press the space bar to stop it buffers out (continues the audio in buffer) for a good second afterwards. In addition when making edits while audio is playing it drops audio out and glitches. Plugins are being used when this happens but yet in 8.0.7 I would do the very same thing with the very same plugins activated and this wouldn't happen. Further, with DP 9.1 installed and DP 8.0.7 at the same time with the very same settings I would get the same results.

Thoughts on either issue?
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Preferences changing on it's own - and Buffer Issues?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Well, for one I'd delete all DP plists. If a pref file is damaged you could easily be seeing the kind of thing you are describing. I'd also repair permissions and even reboot with a PRAM reset. If it still happens, I'd reinstall DP from the .dmg and failing that I'd call tech support or open a ticket. My tickets are being answered in a matter of hours. It used to be months (some from long ago are still not answered but the problems have long since been resolved).
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS