Thin Continuous Data in 9.1

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
tommymandel
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Thin Continuous Data in 9.1

Post by tommymandel »

This may fall under other automation threads, but I just wrote an Automation Volume curve with the pencil tool in Freehand mode on an Aux track with 3 effects stacked (Tantra, FilterFreak2 from SoundToys and LittleRadiator also from SoundToys.) PreFader. Not PostFader, they are above the little line with dots on each end (which I find easiest to move vertically by grabbing in its middle, not either side btw.)
That worked fine. But like its drawer, it was dense so I tried Region/Thin Continuous Data, changing the default values just a bit (from .1 to .15 and from 15msec to 25msec) - When I hit Enter, all the curve was gone, flattened out, and in watching its fader on playback, the fader was zero throughout the piece.

EDIT - I had selected a 2 minute segment (in the Sequence Window) - so when I selected a shorter Region, it did work as it should work.
DP 11.03 12core(5,1): 64GB/10.13.6, two 24i/o's, two 2408mk3's, 4pre, MicroLite-- MBP 2015 16GB/ 2TB 'Blade SSD 10.14.4, Mainstage, Numa C2x, ReMOTE SL -- SupDrmr, 32 Lives, SampleTron,Keyscape,MTronPro,RolCloud,Icarus,Dune,OB-E; Clearmountain Domain,Soundtoys,AdrenaLinnSync, LinnSequencers,Tempest, Montage, JU80, Sledge, Prophet-X, OB-6 V-Synth, s70xs, D-50, TS-10, JD800, Karma, Pa-1x B3, Wurly, Mason Hamlin.
Hardware rig: http://www.tommymandel.com/famous.html/tmrig.html"