Mixes I did last year are broken in 9.1 [SOLVED]

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Mixes I did last year are broken in 9.1 [SOLVED]

Post by Killahurts »

buzzsmith wrote:Image

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since apparent improvements in audio quality was mentioned...

Would I notice a big difference if I replaced my 24 I/O with some other A-D converter?

Mine is my primary audio in and audio out to DP.

Just curious and thanks!

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A new converter might sound better than your MOTU, but it wouldn't be because of the software, just newer, presumably better A/D D/A. If there is indeed an improvement in the sound with 9.1, probably many of us would hear it regardless of what (professional) interface we are using.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Timeline

Post by Timeline »

Don't know Buzz, I have RME's. my issues have been solved though. I rolled back to 9.02 and things are fine for me although 9.2 sounds allot better.
2009 Intel 12 core 3.46, 64GB, OSX.10.14.6, Mojave, DP11, MTPAV, Key-station 49,(2) RME FF800,
DA-3000 DSF-5.6mhz, Mackie Control. Hofa DDP Pro, FB@ http://www.facebook.com/garybrandt2
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

What's with the references to 9.2 popping up here?
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

bayswater wrote:What's with the references to 9.2 popping up here?
I'm sure he meant 9.1
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.