DP9 always crash when touching aux send ..

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Luixa
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 always crash when touching aux send ..

Post by Luixa »

Hi
I recently upgraded to DP9(DP9.02and DP9.1) from 8 and there seems to be a problem regarding the AUX send volume/pan pots.
DP crash every time when i try to make change on the pots' setting, especially when the aux sends were put onto the last column. ( it happens the most frequently on that last column )
I've re-installed it a couple times but the problem remains.
It happens on both of my desktop(Mac pro 2008 early osx10.9.5) and laptop(mpb 2014 osx10.11.6)
Is there any way to fix the problem?
Phil O

Re: DP9 always crash when touching aux send ..

Post by Phil O »

I have never seen this problem and it's not one I've heard of before. That causes me to suspect something other than DP. I would take a serious look at third party software. Start by disabling all third party plugins and VIs and creating a new project with an aux in that position. Then see if the problem exists. If it's still there call MOTU, if it's not, the troubleshooting begins.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
David Polich

Re: DP9 always crash when touching aux send ..

Post by David Polich »

I'm not seeing this problem either. Please reinstall DP 9.1.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com