Snapshot for custom consoles not working

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
oldtimeytim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Snapshot for custom consoles not working

Post by oldtimeytim »

I'm using a lot of sliders set up in a custom console to control parameters of a Reaktor unit. Everything works as it should except that I can use the snapshot function to record the initial settings. There's a way to work around this, of course, by adding each controller in the event window and then manually typing in the controller # and initial setting. But that gets to be a real pain. The process of doing a snapshot of custom consoles is laid out in the user manual on p. 668. No deal. Doesn't matter if I highlight the track, the faders, etc. Still doesn't work. The snapshot never records anything but volume, pan, and mute from the mixing board.

Interesting side story here. I finally called MOTU tech support yesterday and talked to someone who had never used custom consoles. He asked me to talk him through setting one up. Finally said he'd get back to me which he never did. I realized when I got off the phone that I had actually given HIM tech support. Sigh.