New 9.1 upgrade overloads playback...

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: New 9.1 upgrade overloads playback...

Post by labman »

The sad thing for me is that 9.1 includes some very long overdue fixes that I require. Thats good news. On the other hand, there is absolutely no way I can function with the broken CC chasing. Not to mention how 9.1 broke 5-6 other things I use daily.

The one suggested solution for several of the problems is rebuilding you file. I am sort of glad that doesnt actually help. I have a huge and complex template for orchestration work. And there is no way I am gonna rebuild it from ground up.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
KenNickels
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: New 9.1 upgrade overloads playback...

Post by KenNickels »

labman wrote:The sad thing for me is that 9.1 includes some very long overdue fixes that I require. Thats good news. On the other hand, there is absolutely no way I can function with the broken CC chasing. Not to mention how 9.1 broke 5-6 other things I use daily.

The one suggested solution for several of the problems is rebuilding you file. I am sort of glad that doesnt actually help. I have a huge and complex template for orchestration work. And there is no way I am gonna rebuild it from ground up.
Wow, you have a veritable Noah's arc of Vi's. I have QLSO as well. No problems with DP. But Hollywood strings, whole different story. Pops, clicks and dropouts. Would you mind elaborating on your first paragraph?
Thanks,
My Box(s): Two Mac Pros 5,1/3Ghz, 12 core, 96GB Ram, OS 10.14.6, One Windows 10 computer, Vienna Ensemble Pro, MOTU Audio Express, DP 10.01, Falcon 3, Eastwest, NOVO Strings, 8Dio Brass, Spitfire,, Symphobia