Slate VMR AU/VST on El Capitan/DP9.1(SOLVED)

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
taka
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Slate VMR AU/VST on El Capitan/DP9.1(SOLVED)

Post by taka »

Hello--

I was experiencing "stuck dial" problem with AU version of Slate VMR.
Basically if I move the modules' dial for more than a few seconds (like when sweeping frequency on an EQ to find a sweet-spot), VMR freezes and goes into beachball for a while. This bug was making it quite frustrating to use the plug...

So as an experiment, I've installed the VST version of the plug and tried to see if the problem still persists.
However, the VST version fails DP's VST exam.
Still, I've force-enabled the plug and tried it instead of the AU version. The "stuck dial" problem is gone, and it seems to work ok. Though I haven't tried it in any real project yet.

So, a couple of questions:
--Does anyone here also experience the "stuck-dial" problem I've described above with VMR on DP9.1/El Capitan?

--Should I be using the 'exam-failed-but-seemingly-ok' VST version because it works smoother, or is it better to be using the AU version (with glitch/bug) because it passed the AU exam?

What do you think?
Thanks, Taka**

Mac Mini 2011 quad 2.0 with 16GB RAM
Mac OS 10.11.6
DP9.1

Slate, Waves, Sound Toys, Altiverb, GRM Tools, etc etc....
DP11.3, OS 13.6.3, Mac Mini 2018 6 core 3.2GHz i7 32GB RAM
Slate, Waves, Soundtoys, GRM Tools, Audio Ease etc etc..
taka
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Slate VMR AU/VST on El Capitan/DP9.1(SOLVED)

Post by taka »

I've updated to Sierra, and the problem seems to be gone..
El Cap generally didn't work too well on my system for some reason, the whole system feels better with Sierra :-)

(Though I'm back to DP9.02 for now, as 9.1x is significantly more CPU heavy at any buffer setting than 9.02....)

Taka
DP11.3, OS 13.6.3, Mac Mini 2018 6 core 3.2GHz i7 32GB RAM
Slate, Waves, Soundtoys, GRM Tools, Audio Ease etc etc..