DP 9.1 - Mixing Board comes to front after hiding DP

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Basstrup
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.1 - Mixing Board comes to front after hiding DP

Post by Basstrup »

Command H to hide, command tab to re engage. Mixer stays behind. Tried Command H and Command Tab to bring another app in front, then Command tab to bring DP in front. Mixer still stays behind.
Analog is great... We got both WOW and Flutter - what's your bias?
MOTU: DP9 - 2 x MachV - 2 x MX4 - 2 x 1296 - 2 x 896HD - 1 x UltraLite AVB - 1 x MOTU Monitor 8 - 1 x 24i - 3 x MTP AV | UA Apollo Quad | UA Arrow | SSL 2+ || Digi 002Rack | Mackie control + expanders | UAD-2 PCIe card | 2 x Mac Pro | Mac Mini Late 2018 | OS X 10.14.6
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Shooshie »

So far, the mixer is behaving normally here. I'll let you know if it changes. I'm still assessing things in DP, and while I'm not ready to report on things, I believe there will be things to report.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Perhaps its an OS X version thing, since cmd H is global hide for OS X???
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Babz

Post by Babz »

Robert Randolph wrote:Man, I just can't seem to make this happen.
I'm following all your posts and this seems really odd. :surrender:

If you have any other tips, I'm totally willing to try it out here.
It does seem to be only me... :?: :roll: :smash: :?: :?:

It's a minor inconvenience, but I can't stand little unsolved baffling mysteries like this. Since I can't think of anything else to try...

Robert, would you be willing to try with one of my DP files, if I sent it to you?

If so, send me a PM. I can't seem to figure out how to initiate a PM to someone....

Best,
Babz
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by Tomas E »

Babz wrote:OK, this may not be a major bug, but it is something that is different in DP 9.1.

I use the Consolidated Window but keep the Mixer in a separate window. If I have the mixer behind the CW then hide DP (Command-H) and go to the Finder, when I come back to DP, the Mixer has moved to the front of the CW. (Arrgh!!! :evil: ) I then have to do the extra step of clicking on the CW to bring it to the front.

I did not have to do this in earlier DP. MOTU, please confirm and fix.

Best,
Babz
I've had that behaviour before. I can be as far back as DP8 or even DP7. I think I contacted MOTU about it, but if I remember correctly they just made my TechLink "in progress" and eventually deleted it. Since you have it but I don't it might be something else than DP itself that generates it.

I must make a correction. When I hid DP everything BUT the mixing window was hidden. That is I saw the mixing window and only the mixing window after hiding DP. But it's still a mixing window issue.
Babz

Post by Babz »

OK, it turns out the key to this issue involves the fact that I also work with the channel strip as a separate window, outside the CW. Thanks to Robert Randolph for testing with one of my project files and helping to get to the bottom of this. I will open a tech link on this.

Best,
Babz