DP 9.1 sustain pedal not audible during recording

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.5 sustain pedal not audible during recording

Post by cuttime »

HCMarkus wrote:My Tech Link Update to MOTU this evening:
Happy to get 9.5 and excited to use the new pitch/time tools. Thank you!

However, very sad to advise the CC64 bug is still present in 9.5. Please advise if any attention can be given. Thank you.
This is very odd. Can they provide any info on how to duplicate the problem?
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
HCMarkus

Re: DP 9.5 sustain pedal not audible during recording

Post by HCMarkus »

cuttime wrote:
HCMarkus wrote:My Tech Link Update to MOTU this evening:
Happy to get 9.5 and excited to use the new pitch/time tools. Thank you!

However, very sad to advise the CC64 bug is still present in 9.5. Please advise if any attention can be given. Thank you.
This is very odd. Can they provide any info on how to duplicate the problem?
They have not. Silence for some time from MOTU on this one. I understand I am not the only victim of this bothersome bug. The workaround is to record alternating tracks; as long as the are no MIDI notes later in the timeline on the track on which one is recording, CC64 works fine.
jacey714
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP 9.1 sustain pedal not audible during recording - RESO

Post by jacey714 »

I'm the original creator of this thread and problem was solved since DP 9.12...I'm not sure if we are having the same problem~
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Reading back over this thread, the first thing that comes to mind is %⊔@# PhotoBucket. :vomit:
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

jacey714 wrote:I'm the original creator of this thread and problem was solved since DP 9.12...I'm not sure if we are having the same problem~
Sounds like it to me... I just reviewed your initial post. Not sure if the issue arose when trying to record a new pass over an old MIDI pass for you (you didn't specify) but, with that possible exception, your problem is EXACTLy what I experience now. And, as noted MOTU has indicated they have replicated the behavior. I just hope they fix it soon.

PS: Jacey, would you be so kind as to edit the thread title to remove the "RESOLVED"? 'cause it sure ain't resolved for me! Thanks.
HC Markus
M1 Mac Studio Ultra • 64GB RAM • 828es • macOS 13.6.4 • DP 11.31
HCMarkus

Re: DP 9.1 sustain pedal not audible during recording RESOLV

Post by HCMarkus »

I tried setting up a new User Account in the studio Mac Pro. A pain in the arsenal, getting everything running correctly, but took the opportunity to update a few plugins along the way.

Why did I do this?

Because it fixed the CC64 bug. Apparently something in my other account was hosed; trashing preferences didn't fix the problem in that account. Neither did a complete clean reinstall of DP. But a fresh User Account did the trick and I will happily be reporting as such to MOTU once I post this.

Peace.
Tonio

Re: DP 9.1 sustain pedal not audible during recording

Post by Tonio »

coolness- finally :wink:
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
HCMarkus

Re: DP 9.1 sustain pedal not audible during recording

Post by HCMarkus »

Tonio wrote:coolness- finally :wink:
Thanks Amigo. Nice when a little irksome thing that bugged just often enough to be a pain is banished. Plus the system tune up wasn't such a bad thing either.

Also, I alerted another user on the Facebook Group (the one you told me about Babs) and he erased the bug on his system with the New User Account approach.

I guess this thread can, once again, be marked "RESOLVED."
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

HCMarkus wrote:I tried setting up a new User Account in the studio Mac Pro. A pain in the arsenal, getting everything running correctly, but took the opportunity to update a few plugins along the way.

Why did I do this?

Because it fixed the CC64 bug
Glad you got this to work! Back when I had Apple Care I had a problem where DP would crash if I recorded WAV files, but not on a new account. I had a senior Apple tech who managed to bypass all the usual troubleshooting tips. What he did was log in remotely and migrate my system preferences from the new account to my previous user account, and it fixed the problem. Something you might want to look into, but make sure you have a good backup, of course. Another possibility would be to restore system preferences from a Time Machine backup from a time before the CC bug showed up.
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

cuttime wrote:
HCMarkus wrote:I tried setting up a new User Account in the studio Mac Pro. A pain in the arsenal, getting everything running correctly, but took the opportunity to update a few plugins along the way.

Why did I do this?

Because it fixed the CC64 bug
Glad you got this to work! Back when I had Apple Care I had a problem where DP would crash if I recorded WAV files, but not on a new account. I had a senior Apple tech who managed to bypass all the usual troubleshooting tips. What he did was log in remotely and migrate my system preferences from the new account to my previous user account, and it fixed the problem. Something you might want to look into, but make sure you have a good backup, of course. Another possibility would be to restore system preferences from a Time Machine backup from a time before the CC bug showed up.
Good point. Interestingly, the issue arose when MOTU took DP to pre-gem. On my original User Account, I can still revert to 9.02 or 8.07 and not experience the CC64 bug. Now my system is running clean under the new User Account, I'll make a note of the date in case issues arise in the future, so TM can help me out. Thanks!