Analog 7-8 Output problem after Driver update -- AGAIN!

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Analog 7-8 Output problem after Driver update -- AGAIN!

Post by Babz »

I use a MOTU 828mk3 FW interface and I use Main Out 1-2 as my main monitoring output. I just updated to the latest audio driver and it reset my default stereo output to Analog 7-8! I changed it back to Main Out 1-2, but now whenever I open an old project all of my outputs that used to be set to Main 1-2 have been reset to Analog 7-8! I have to choose Audio Assignments and set them back. Even worse, it does the same thing for newly created projects! Ever WORSE(ER), this happened last time I tried to update the driver and I reported it to MOTU and they knew about it and fixed it. See this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=56910&p=480221&hili ... bz#p480221

But now all this time, and many updates to the driver later, the problem is BACK (or has been there all along). My question...

WHY?

WHY MOTU, WHY? Why does it seem that I can never update my audio driver without fear of this problem? :shake:

Come on, MOTU. You guys are the best. I love you MOTU, but what's up with this?

Thanks,
Babz
Tonio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Analog 7-8 Output problem after Driver update -- AGAIN!

Post by Tonio »

I'm on v1.6.59200 or v1.6.59644 ( not sure now- not @ my computer)& will not update to the newest driver, nor update the firmware- still on 1.3. But I'm using a 828X.

My system would crash and/or auto boot on Yosemite 10.10.5. Then the LCD died :(

Then after a 2month long swap ( 2 units)I'm sticking with firmware 1.3 and the older driver. Definitely buggy with the newer divers. Though I never had output assignment issues.
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES