Effect presets in italics even if not changed

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
Tomas E
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Effect presets in italics even if not changed

Post by Tomas E »

When you select an effect it has always been the standard that it changes to italics when making changes to it. But for the last couple of something the name displays in italics as soon as I select them. There's know way to determine whether the effect is the original or changed unless you remember every setting, which is impossible. Does anyone know why they've changed it? Or is it a bug that should be reported?

Since I've had more important issues to get help with I don't want do bother them with this one (yet).
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Effect presets in italics even if not changed

Post by Shooshie »

OPTION-click on a plugin will Bypass it.
Plugins in italics are bypassed.
Only the saved User Settings go to italics when changing a parameter.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Tomas E

Post by Tomas E »

Shooshie wrote:OPTION-click on a plugin will Bypass it.
Plugins in italics are bypassed.
Only the saved User Settings go to italics when changing a parameter.

Shoosh
Yes I know about the bypass, that wasn't the issue.

Whatever preset I choose in the effect presets menu, no matter if it's a User Setting or preset by DP it changes from normal to italics. No matter if I've changed it or not. No matter if it's the original setting or not.
Tomas E

Post by Tomas E »

It seems as if DP finally has come to its senses. I took the time and went through several, maybe 5-7 settings, and all of a sudden they started to appear in normal, even those that hadn't before. :? It's definitely some kind of bug. Well, I may have the temporary solution for it.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

e-snobben wrote:...no matter if it's a User Setting or preset by DP it changes from normal to italics. No matter if I've changed it or not. No matter if it's the original setting or not.
Yes, I've noticed this too, but it doesn't happen all the time. I haven't had time to play around with it enough to see if I can figure out under what conditions it changes, but I have seen what you've described.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Tomas E

Post by Tomas E »

Phil O wrote:Yes, I've noticed this too, but it doesn't happen all the time. I haven't had time to play around with it enough to see if I can figure out under what conditions it changes, but I have seen what you've described.

Phil
That's good to know :!:
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

By the way, what you're talking about is called the Insert Settings button. I think calling it "presets" caused some confusion.
I played around for about a half an hour this morning and saw it in some projects and not in others. I can't make any sense of what might be causing this.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Tomas E

Post by Tomas E »

Phil O wrote:By the way, what you're talking about is called the Insert Settings button. I think calling it "presets" caused some confusion.
I played around for about a half an hour this morning and saw it in some projects and not in others. I can't make any sense of what might be causing this.

Phil
Insert Settings as referred to in the DP9 User Guide p. 766 is not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is what is shown in Figure 71-2 on page 835. That menu is called the Preset menu. This issue is obviously appearing in different places in DP which makes it more comprehensive.

Neither do I, but then it's really not up to us to figure out. Guess I'll write to MOTU about it later on.
Last edited by Tomas E on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

I stand corrected, sir. Sorry for my blunder.

In that case, then I can say that I'm also seeing this behavior in the Insert Settings. Perhaps they share some code?
Tomas E

Post by Tomas E »

No need to be sorry :) And you don't need to call me sir, sir. :wink: I'm not that important and it was not my intention to imply such a thing. :oops:

I'm a novice when it comes to programming so I can only speculate on what causes it.