Output Stream

For seeking technical help with Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for seeking solutions to technical problems involving Digital Performer and/or plug-ins on MacOS, as well as feature requests, criticisms, comparison to other DAWs.
31flies
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Output Stream

Post by 31flies »

Hey All,

Running DP 7.24 on iMac OS X 10.6.8. Been doing this for years and never saw this...my output options are only "Output Stream" options. Presonus Firestudio blue light is on, its working fine. I just can't figure out how to set my output again. I've never even seen output stream after 10 years on DP. Audio system in DP Setup sees the Presonus and its set to it, just only get Stream options, whatever that means.

Any help would be appreciated.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Output Stream

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

What does the Apple Audio/MIDI setup show? That might have gotten corrupted an DP might just be remembering the last setting. Maybe remove it from A/M setup and re-I stall the interface there.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
31flies
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by 31flies »

Thanks MIDI,

The first thing I checked was Apple Audio Devices. Firepod is in there like it always has been. It is selected as both Input and Output source. Clock source: Internal. Everything per usual. In DP Configure Hardware...Firepod is selected per usual. I uninstalled the Presonus Universal Controller, re-installed, re-started the Mac. Same thing: when I add a mono audio track options for input are Stream 1 1, 1 2, etc. Output options are "Output Stream 1 1-2, 1 1 3-4, etc. instead of just Output 1-2.

I guess it's functioning like normal. I think (?) I've just never seen it and I don't know what has happened here.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You might trash the DP plist, but save the old one in case I t does no good. Then you can drag it back, or easier, hit undo in the Finder. If no other action has been taken in the Finder and you didn't empty the trash, the only rigs all will be returned to the Folder. You'll have to choose "Replace" I. The dialogue box.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS